chapter eighteen

A few days had passed and Daniel was praying that Tyra would come home soon

A few days had passed and Daniel was praying that Tyra would come home soon. He liked the idea of her spending time with her grandparents, it was sweet, but he wanted her.

Every morning since the Hollyn fiasco, Daniel had been dropping Gianna at school and bringing Grant to work with him. It was definitely a stretch having Grant at work, but he was making it work.

"Daddy, can you play with me?" Grant asked while holding up his legos.

Daniel looked at his work. He was working on a new project and if he wanted to be off in time to get Gianna, playing with Grant couldn't happen. "I'm sorry, bud. Daddy's a little busy right now," He explained and Grant threw his legos.

"I want to go home. Nanny Baker always plays with me." The boy huffed and pouted.

Daniel laughed and continued working. His son was bratty at times, but he would get over his frustrations after a few minutes. Daniel explained to Grant and Gianna, that Tyra would be away and she couldn't come back until she was ready. So that meant demanding time with her was out of the box.

He heard Grant mumble something and then he picked up a new toy.

It was a little frustrating. He hadn't heard anything from Tyra about the letter he placed in her Bible. It was driving him a little crazy. He didn't want to think that she was ignoring him, maybe she just hadn't seen it yet. He hoped.

Three hours went by in the blink of an eye and it was time to get Gianna.

"Daddy, school was boring. I want to go home and watch a good movie to wash my brain," Gianna babbled and ate the chicken nuggets that Daniel had gotten her from McDonald's.

He chuckled and turned into the driveway. "Wow! I guess we'll just have to watch whatever you'd like," He said exasperatedly.

"Perfect!" She yelled and handed Grant one of her nuggets which he happily took, though he had some of his own.

Daniel parked the car and unlocked the doors. "Come on, let's go watch it now," He told them and they cheered.

The kids hurried out of the car and Daniel unlocked the front door.

"You pick the movie, I'll be right back," He pointed at them and walked to his bedroom to shower and change.

-

Tyra hugged her grammy and paw paw tightly and kissed their cheeks. "I'll miss you two so much," She murmured and tried not to cry.

She was going to miss them, but it was time to get back to work. Her paw paw had recovered from his fall and he was doing great now, so she was leaving.

She was ready to tell Mr. Watts about her anxiety in hopes of clearing the air. She wanted to be able to have a healthy relationship with him, whether it be romantic or just a friendship. Either way, she was going to tell him.