chapter twenty-three

It was the long-awaited day and Tyra wanted to puke

She thought that brides were supposed to be over the moon with joy and they didn't have time to be queasy, but she was wrong.

Her nerves were everywhere. She thought that Daniel would send her a text saying that he doesn't want to marry her anymore.

She knew that he wouldn't, but wedding day jitters were a real thing.

"Snickerdoodle, we're here. You kinda have to get out of the car," Skylar chuckled and unbuckled her seatbelt for her.

Tyra snapped out of her head and smiled. It was a grimace.

"I'm sorry, paw paw. I'm just really nervous! Goodness! I never thought that I would feel like this on my wedding day," She rushed out while tapping her foot on the floorboard.

Skylar grabbed her hand and shook it. "Calm down. You're getting married and the ceremony will fly by before you know it. Just go up there, of course after you get dressed, and say your vows and then I do." He explained and shook her hand once more. "It's pretty simple, but you have to get out of the car first." He pointed to the door and he got out of the car.

"You can do this, Tyra. Just get dressed and then say I do." She told herself and opened her door.

Her stomach lurched and she squeezed her eyes shut. "Oh, God! Paw paw! I can't do this!" She squealed and closed the door.

Skylar opened her door and pulled her out of the car. "You're going in there and you're getting dressed. That's final." He said firmly and led her into the bridal suite where Yasmin and Lisa were.

"Here's the bride!" Yasmin said exasperated and pushed Tyra into a seat. "Where have you been? You were supposed to be in here thirty minutes ago,"

Tyra covered her mouth and rushed to the bathroom.

"Ugh," She groaned as she dry heaved over the sink.

Yasmin locked eyes with Lisa and they held a silent conversation.

"Sugar, this may sound evasive, but uh, are you, you know?" Lisa asked from the suite.

Tyra looked up from the sink and clutched her stomach and began laughing.

Lisa and Yasmin walked into the bathroom and watched as she laughed like a maniac.

"Are you?" Yasmin asked cautiously.

Tyra laughed a little more before running some water and drinking it from the faucet. "There will only ever be one virgin Mary, my dear friend," She shook her head and wiped her face with a washcloth. "You have to have sex to get pregnant," She added after seeing the confused looks on their faces.

"Oh," Yasmin blushed and Lisa walked out of the bathroom. "We were just making sure," Yasmin mumbled.

Tyra rolled her eyes and walked back to her chair. "Hmm, nosy," She said snarkily. "Call the makeup artist in, please," She smiled.