chapter nine

"Are you excited?" Tyra asked a jittery Gianna as they walked into the school

It had been three weeks since Gianna spilled about wanting a mother, and Mr. Watts had talked to Tyra and asked her about standing in for Gianna's mother for her Mother-Daughter day at school, which of course she agreed to.

Tyra loved the sweet little girl, and she wanted her to enjoy herself.

"Super duper! I can finally show my friends that I have a mommy too!" Gianna squealed in delight and swung Tyra's hand.

Both Tyra and Mr. Watts tried to explain to Gianna that while Tyra was going to her Mother-Daughter day at school, she wasn't actually her mother. But the little girl didn't want to listen.

"That's great, sweetie," Tyra said and walked into Gianna's classroom.

It felt weird for Tyra to be outside of the house without Grant on a school day, but Mr. Watts assured her that Grant would be fine with him at work.

Gianna let go of Tyra's hand and ran to two little girls. "Look! There's my new mommy!" She said and pointed at Tyra, who waved at the little girls.

"Would you look at that? Daniel's finally gotten himself a mother for those children," Tyra heard someone say snarkily, making her turn around with a sugary sweet fake smile.

There stood a blonde woman and a ginger woman. They looked messier than two old ladies at church. "I don't see a ring on her finger, though, of course, he'd be shacking up. What a horrible influence," The ginger scanned Tyra and rolled her eyes.

"Now, Gianna didn't tell me that the school was bringing in two clowns! I can't believe it slipped her mind," Tyra rose her perfectly shaped eyebrow at the ladies and smiled.

The blonde scoffed and walked up to Tyra. "How does it feel to be messing around with a man instead of being married to him?" She asked and twisted her neck.

It was funny to Tyra. She didn't expect to have two women be so jealous before even holding a conversation with her, but she knew better than to be offended. Normally when a stranger attacks your character, it's because you have something that they want. She couldn't help it if God blessed her with the goodies. The women were both very beautiful in their own way, but so far, they were inwardly ugly.

"Ma'am, it's best to think before speaking and making a fool of yourself." Tyra tsked. "I'm that sweet little girl and her brother's nanny. Nice to meet you," She smirked and held her hand out.

The look on the blonde and ginger's faces made her hold back laughter. "Oh, how do you do?" The ginger asked, her face slightly pink.

"Very well. But I'd suggest that you mind your business in the future. Be blessed, ladies," Tyra smiled genuinely and walked to where Gianna was.

Gianna, who was playing with her friends, turned around and smiled. "Natalie, Justine, this is my nanny! She's my mommy today,"

The little girls both waved at Tyra and smiled at her. "You're so beautiful!" Natalie said in awe, and Justine nodded her head rapidly. "Yes, Gianna, your mommy is beautiful!"