chapter eight

"Where do you want to meet? You can't just say the mall and assume that we'll know where to find each other," Tyra tried to reason with her long-time best friend, Yasmin

Today was Sunday, and Tyra was given the day off by Mr. Watts she planned on taking advantage of her free time.

He paid her quite well, so she wanted to spend her hard-earned money on new clothes. She was a slight shopaholic.

Before spending any money on herself, she sent some to her grandmother. She was the light of her life, apart from Jesus, so she always made sure to take care of her.

Yasmin huffed and rolled her eyes. "Fine. We can meet at the pretzel place on the first floor. I've been craving a cinnamon sugar pretzel," Yasmin closed her eyes and licked her lips.

"Okay! I need to get dressed, I'll see you in a little bit!" Tyra waved at her best friend and pressed the end-call button.

Tyra put away her phone and walked to her closet. She had plenty of clothes, but it seemed like nothing to wear.

"Nanny Baker, what are you doing?" Gianna's voice rang through Tyra's bedroom, making her jump.

Tyra took a deep breath to calm her heart and walked out of her closet. "Hi, sweetie! I'm looking for something to wear, I'm going out with my friend to the mall," She explained softly, and Gianna's eyes widened with joy.

"Ooh! Can I come, please, Nanny? Please?" The young girl begged with her hands together.

Tyra looked at Gianna, and she knew she couldn't say no. She was too sweet.

"Well, we'd have to ask your daddy first," She smiled, and Gianna hugged her.

"Thank you! Let's ask him now!" Gianna squealed and pulled Tyra out of her room and to her daddy's room.

Gianna knocked on the door and waited for her daddy to open it.

Mr. Watts opened the door, and a smile grew on his face at the sight of his little girl. "Yes, angel?" He asked and then looked up to see Tyra.

Tyra waved and giggled at the look on his face. He was certainly surprised to see her, but she didn't understand why. They lived in the same house.

"Can I go to the mall with Nanny Baker?" Gianna asked with a sweet smile on her pretty face.

"Only if it's okay with her." He answered and then looked at Tyra. "You don't have to bring her, I'd understand since it's your day off," He said lowly, but Tyra shook her head.

"It's fine, Mr. Watts. She's a sweetheart," She answered, and Gianna looked up at her daddy, hoping he'd say yes.

"You can go with her, but promise that you'll be a good girl. I don't want Tyra to tell me that my sweet girl was naughty," He said while looking Gianna in the eyes.