Chapter 10 part 2

Lol pay attention cause there's gonna be a few skips in time😂

POV: Shin-ae

   I felt nauseous, like I could throw up at any moment. Though the delivery had went smoothly, my head grew dizzy.
"Ms. Yoo?" A nurse asked, looking down at me.
I exhaled and felt my eyes close.

~~~~~~~

   Time passed and I slowly regained consciousness. It was no longer storming outside, meaning that a few hours had passed. In fact it seemed to be morning, which meant that I had spent the night in the hospital. There was nobody in the room with me, but I heard Kousuke's voice out the door. I felt drunk on pain meds, but at least I couldn't feel any pain.

  I heard the door open, and I met eyes with Kousuke.
"How are you feeling?" He asked concerned, walking over to me.
"Where is she?" I asked.
  He sat down besides me.
"She's in an incubator. Because she was born early, she didn't have enough time to develop." He said softly.
"But, she's alright?" I asked.
  He nodded and smiled.
"Yes, but she has to stay in the incubator for a few weeks." He told me.
   I nodded and sat up.
"Can we see her?" I asked.
He shook his head "We have to wait a bit longer. The doctor said that  she wants to check in on you first."

About an hour of getting cleared, we met up with Mira and Wilson.
"Where's Henry?" I asked.
"With his grandmother. Where's little bean?" Mira asked.
"We're about to go see her." I grinned.

The four of us walked over to a large windowed room with four incubators. Inside, a nurse was tending to one of the children. The nurse, who was in the room with me when I was in labor, spotted us and pointed over to the baby that was against the left wall.
"Is that her?" I gasped.
She looked so small! She looked about the size of a normal baby, but slightly smaller.
"Have you two thought of any names?" Wilson asked.

I nodded.
"We came up with three, but Kousuke refuses to pick one for me." I chuckled, lightly punching him on the arm, "but, I was thinking of Mae..."
"Is it because you found out you were pregnant in May?" Mira chuckled.
"No!!" I scoffed, pouting, "....maybe..." I mumbled, crossing my arms.
All three of them laughed and I rolled my eyes.
"Hey, I'd like to see you three coming up with names! At least I have one." I chuckled.
"No, I like Mae." Mira chuckled.
I turned to Kousuke.
"How about you, 'sir with no opinion'?" I chuckled.
He rolled his eyes and laughed, "I like it."

I looked between the three and chuckled.
"Mae Hirahara"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About two weeks passed, and it was finally time to get Mae! Of course, we had daily visits with her, but now she can finally come home. After a while of filling out paperwork, we finally got her into her carrier. She had gained a little weight since she was born, so she fit the carrier nicely.

"So this is our car," I told Mae as I put her carrier on the car seat stand.

(So people know what I'm talking about lol)

"She doesn't know what you're saying." Kousuke chuckled in the front seat.
"Shhhh, she doesn't have to know that." I joked, getting in the front seat Besides him.

We got home momentarily, and sighed. Though it's been a while since the baby shower, we were putting off getting the baby stuff set up. We didn't realize that Mae would be coming so soon though. The two weeks that Mae spent in the hospital gave us time to rush around and get everything set up.
There was a playpen in the living room and one in our bedroom, a Brest pump stand was set up on my bedside table, the crib was put together and a mattress was placed inside, and all other baby necessities were in their stations.

We got inside, and I placed down the carrier. I unbuckled Mae, and then stopped.
I bit my lip, "do I just...pick her up?" I asked.
I had never really held her before. She had a weakened immune system when she was first born, so only the nurses could really touch her. Her immune system is stronger now, but I've never held such a small baby.
"You've been waiting two weeks for this moment. Don't let fear get in the way." Kousuke chuckled, walking in besides me.

I nodded and gently reached down, picking up Mae and carefully supporting her head as I held her.
"She's. So. Darn. Small." I whispered as I cradled her.
She looked up at me and I was able to fully see her eyes.
"Kousuke!" I whisper yelled, moving closer to him, "look! She has blue on the outside, and she has a red/hazel on the inside!!!" I gasped.
"I guess that she couldn't decide on one color." Kousuke chuckled.

I moved Mae into Kousuke's arms and he seemed more nervous than me. He also hasn't held Mae before, and thinking back on it, he rarely ever held Henry. So, this is one of the first times he's ever held a child.
"Make sure to support her head" I chuckled, walking towards the kitchen to get a bottle ready. I heard Kousuke nervously calling after me, but he's fineeee.
Honestly, Mae seemed a lot like him. She's only two weeks old, but he's very quiet, and has eyes that silently judge you.

After getting the bottle all set up, I came back into the living room and took Mae from Kousuke. It wasn't too long before Mae finished the bottle and passed out in my arms. I carried her up and put her in her crib, turning on the ocean noises and grabbing the monitor to watch her. I then joined Kousuke downstairs.
"That was fast. We've only been in the house for 30 minutes, and the child is already sleeping." Kousuke chuckled on the couch.
"Oh don't worry, she'll be up in an hour or so wanting more food." I laughed quietly, sitting besides him.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in, pressing my lips against his.
"Hunter x Hunter?" He asked against my lips.
"Oh heck yeah." I chuckled, pulling away and grabbing the remote.