Here We Go

Jack woke abruptly to the sound of the blender in the kitchen. He groaned, snatching the fluffy white pillow out from under his head and smashing it onto his face.

        "Crutchie! It's 7 in the morning!" He yelled at his brother.

        "Yeah and unlike your lazy ass," the blonde poured the smoothie into a cup and took a sip, "I have a class." He smiled.

       Jack rolled his eyes, longing for a few extra hours of sleep, knowing he wouldn't get them.

        "Beside you need ta be up anyway." Crutchie scolded, hobbling over to the half wall separating the kitchen and main room of the apartment.

      He grabbed his keys, phone, and wallet before going to the door. His crutch clanking on the linoleum floors of the hallway. "Bye Jackie."

       Jack rolled over, groaning a response and burying his head back in the pillow.

       Now mornings in David's apartment was quite different.

      David awoke to the beeping of his alarm on his phone.

       He sighed, rolling over and smacking the face of his device and closing his eyes again. He really honestly didn't want to be all the way in Manhattan. But alas, he had a full ride.

     A few minutes passed before he finally sat up, stretching and running a hand through his very tangled hair. Blink, one of his roommates, knocked on his door.

      "Rise and shine sleeping beauty! You have class in 30 minutes!" He laughed. David's eyes widened, he was late.