The Proposal

Lee Donghyuck (and Na Jaemin)

Some Point In Time

Disclaimer: It has been pointed out by someone *cough* Hendery *cough cough* that I am ruining perfectly good movies and couples because I was raised with a bad example of a healthy relationship. Apparently I'm "projecting the struggles of my childhood onto fictional characters to cope with the internalized trauma I have" blah blah blah.

I think that's garbage. I know what a healthy relationship looks like. It looks like Mr. and Mrs. Suh. I'm not "projecting," these couples are just problematic and won't work out. To prove I'm not "projecting my internalized trauma," I'm letting someone who grew up with parents who had a healthy relationship write this. There's not many people I know that can qualify for that, so we're just going to have to deal with Jaemin.

Without further ado, ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary fellows, Na Jaemin!

WooOw

tbh I have no clue what he wants me to do. I was just sat down in front of a piece of paper with a pen and told to write about how The Proposal went after the movie ended.

I hope this isn't getting turned in somewhere bc I don't want to write properly. (I was just informed this is getting turned in to a teacher and I'm not allowed to mess this up. oops)

Okayyyyyyyyyyyy... Ummm..... The Proposal. I don't know what I'm supposed to say about it. I mean, they were actually in love by the end of the movie after faking it the whole time so the girl wouldn't get deported to Canada. They probably got married because that's kind of what people do when they get engaged. Maybe they had a kid. Actually, scratch that. They're an older couple and I don't think they'd be in to having kids.

Am I done? Is this actually what he spends hours doing?

I was just yelled at to start thinking.

Ummm... Betty White was in the movie. That was pretty cool. Oh wait! Hold on! The guy and the girl that got engaged were in the same company! A publishing company I think!

They made a deal in the beginning that if they pretended to be engaged the girl (who was actually the guy's boss) agreed to look at his manuscript and publish it. That's automatically sketch to any employees there. They'd end up losing a couple coworkers from the unfairness, but overall they'd be even less liked in the office. I mean, the guy was liked, but not the girl. Now they'd both kind of be looked down on.

I'm starting to see where Haechan goes with this.

Scratch that. No I don't. That's all I got. Let's just say the two of them lived happily ever after and were not liked by their coworkers.

Alright, it's ya boi Haechan back. I thought Jaemin could've done better than that, but I don't think he's had his death coffee yet. My bad.

At least he went somewhere with the coworkers. Gotta give him that.

I'm going to speed run a better version of this so it doesn't get too long. Oh, and to explain the movie because Jaemin didn't, Andrew is Margaret's assistant in a publishing company, and Margaret is almost about to be kicked back to Canada (oH canada) because of her visa or something. To avoid that, she makes Andrew get engaged with her so she can stay long enough to get it renewed. Except the customs people or whatever already know that trick, so they have to go through interviews to see if they're actually in love.

Andrew ends up taking Margaret with him to Alaska to be with his family for the holiday, but you know, they end up actually falling in love and by the end of the movie they actually are engaged and they're serious about it. Did I mention Betty White plays Andrew's grandma? She's awesome. Love that woman.

Where Jaemin messed up is they don't live happily ever after. That rarely happens around here. 

I mean, think about it, they've known each other outside of the workplace for maybe a week. That's it. Love just doesn't happen like that, does it? Especially since they were in a very passive aggressive abusive work relationship before that. Margaret is just too bossy and is too used to being on her own.

Thinking about it, it's kind of like a one-sided relationship. You ready for this analogy? Andrew is honestly like a puppy just waiting for attention. He thinks he's in love with her because he hasn't had a healthy relationship before. She just likes that he's ready to dote on her any time of the day.

Because of that, it just doesn't work out. Margaret gets bored of him and is annoyed, and breaks it off. Andrew isn't sure what to do about that, I mean, he probably just spend a year and a half with her at the center of his universe.

Betty White probably gives him a pep talk and makes him realize that he didn't need her anygays, so he leaves the company and joins a new one that actually appreciates him. The other workers that were still around and hadn't left (see the little thought Jaemin spit onto paper) start a mutiny and overthrow Margaret, and she ends up back in Canada doing something else.

I think at the end Andrew has a happy ending after all of this. He probably stays near his family for awhile, adopts a dog (a little one that's very cuddly), but then he breaks free from the nest and becomes his own person.

Jaemin was on the right track, he just didn't think far enough.

Hendery says I ruined another movie, but he didn't even watch this one so that's b.s. I found the truth.