Chapter 24: Locket

(Artist k0muuuug1) ⚠️Manga Spoilers⚠️
          The next day off you had, you walked yourself into town. Even with knowing how dangerous it was. Smiling as you walked, a curse doll peeping out of your purse. Thanks to Yaga being super protective, more then likely under punishment by death of Satoru. Somehow it just didn't feel like he had to work very hard to convince him. In fact these days someone often tried to come with you.
      You sighed a little pausing looking at some flowers in a shop window. No... everyone seemed to be getting prepared for something. You didn't know what it was, but you could feel it wasn't something good. Shaking your head clear of your negative thoughts. Instead you slipped into the jewelry store where you had already called in an order. The clerk thanking him for the bag as you payed for it.
     Smiling down at the bag with its two boxes as you walked back towards the collage. Stopping by to get some junk food. Knowing that Satoru ate everything out of the cabinets by now. Along with refreshing your own stash. Since he managed to dig his way into finding them too.
      As you walked through the doors it was strangely quite inside. Shifting to pull shoes off, looking through the halls. Not a soul in sight, it was the point you wondered if anyone else was home. "Hope they didn't leave already." Fell out of your lips before it could be stopped. Putting the treats away before taking your own snacks plus the packages to your room. Sliding the door shut with your foot as you hid the treats in a new spot. Smiling as you pulled out two boxes.
They wear plan round lockets. Both on chains one on a male one and the other more feminine. Going to the pictures you had printed out on the desk. You flipped them both open. Using super glue to add a clear coat of protection to the cut out of Satoru on one side, and the group of first and second years on the other. Humming as you did so deep in thought.
'Are you making one for him too?'
You spin around  in seat. To your shock the dragon in its female form mirroring your own sat on the bed and waved. "What?"
'I'm just a projection of your energy I can't harm anything I promise you.'
"That's not the point! Where wear you when I needed you!? That creature controlling me!?"
The dragon sighed sand as it lay back on the bed. 'He told you already didn't he? I'm the curse energy in us. I protect that which can't protect itself. That's why he calls you Fairy. Your the other half always in control. It's fine though I rather not be on the outside all the time I would kill everyone. Except Satoru and the kids. Some of the collage I do like. But the others can all die for all I care. He hasn't even told you why our curse is so strong. It's pretty funny really.'
"Maybe your the one who's supposed to tell me that!" A light shined through the room and you covered your eyes for a moment and growled. What was that?
'Your such a pain. Do you know why Maki avoids you after what happened? As much as she can anyway. Because she recognized, sure moms features wear more dominate. Our curse isn't time itself, but the shadows of time. A variation of Zenin clan, because we are related to them through father.' The dragon smiled as it rolled around on the bed before sitting up. 'Oh! Maybe we can play together like this. I would love to see you pull your weight for once.'
"I always pull my weight what the hell?" You slammed a hand on the desk only to make sure you didn't ruing the lockets. Sighing in relief they seemed fine.
The dragon then materialized on the desk crossing her legs as she laughed. 'Your right we shouldn't add our picture to his, he wouldn't possibly like us that much. That way he can add more people on the other frame he loves. No you don't pull your weight.Your blessings may form weapons but I hold the real power.'
You flared up at the dragon and huffed. "Fine! I'll take you on. Let's do this."
'Oh good. This will be fun.' The dragon grabbed your arm and then next moment you wear in the practice yards of the school. 'Just try to do something on your own.'
You snorted as you tried to activate a form. But instead of any animal all you got was the weapon. Your eyes widened as you looked down at the thing that formed in your hand. It was solid crystal glowing a light inside. You had been trying to create Hawk form, instead you ended up with a katana in your hand. You spun it as you marveled at it a second to long. The dragon lashed out.
Your eyes widened as you lept backwards. Fairy wings forming of crystal and light on your back as the dragon commanded the sands of time. Or so they said the shadows of the sands of time. In a blinked it was already apon you. Your eyes widened as you dropped to the ground. Slipping as you katana split into two. Slicing with both at the dragons legs.
"Hey what's this?"
You glanced over at Fushiguro of all people. "Practice.... and a discipline matter."
"I didn't know you could make a shikigami. That's.... diffrent from mine ..... Mind if I watch?" He was already sitting as he asked.
The dragon was laughing as much as you wanted to replay you wear busy trying not to die from the sand from its claws. The more you suppressed your emotions the stronger the dragon seemed to get as you fought tooth and nail just to survive. Not even noticing the others all starting to gather. Even Satoru showed up watching chin propped on his hand, using his elbow to prop it up.
The grass and rocks vaporizing from the dragons hand due to sped up time. You ground your teeth as you started to feel the extremely heavy drain on your body. That's when you relized she wasn't giving you time to use your favorite weapon. That's when the Katanas as you thought about it. Wrapped around your arms into wasps hand blades.
You smiled as the dragon sucked it's teeth. Clearly you had some advantage now. Your tiredness catching up with her or she was slowing down. Both of you connected by the stretch of your shadows. You flipped and dove between blows and started to return them in earnest. The dragon growling in delight as she whipped her tail. You danced over her shoulder and palmed her hard in the back as you landed. Rolling to avoid the blaze of blue sands. That's when you turned and flapped your. The normal sand dust gone, little sprinkles of light falling around you both.
'That's cheep!' The dragon growled in your head with a smile. That's when you hit your wall with both abilities. You landed on the ground with a thud coughing up blood. Looking confused as the dragon waved vanishing.
"Bitch." You huffed at her as Satoru wrapped a hand under your arm lifting you to your feet.
"Well Fairy aren't you just full of suprises." He grinned as he booped your nose. "No liquifying your organs while training though."
You half smiled as you looked around at everyone now noticing everyone. "I... oops sorry. I was getting a bit carried away. With I guess... my split personality."
"So who is she really Satoru." Maki adjusted her glasses on her face.
"No one, she isn't after your goal Maki. So don't worry about it." Satoru walked you over to sit down and rough the girls hair. "How about everyone get to practicing or I'll beat some since into you for fun." Satoru smiled as he looked at everyone.
"Right." Maki just shrugged it off but looked sideways at you as she went. To grab Kugisaki and drag her off towards the fields. Panda laughing as he fallowed. Eventually everyone filed away from the field.
"You really are something tariffing." Satoru said as smiled looking at you. "I don't think I've ever seen something like that with its own thoughts and feelings. It's all controlled by the sorcerer. Then again it wasn't you controlling it so much as your subconscious was it."
"I'm serious. I think I have a personality split. The curse energy just seems to flow towards it. But lately all my forms haven gotten so much stronger." You sighed as you leaned against Satoru. "Besides that I'm making you something kinda. But I don't know if you want it."
"The lockets right? I peeked in your room for a bit before coming to see the commotion. I just got back from a job. So of corse I stole these." He grinned holding a pocky box in chocolate. Already open and half eaten. "You suck at hiding things."
"Your just a master at finding them." You scoffed as you smacked his leg playfully.
"Yes, I already glued your picture on the other side. Along with adding a few extra students. My distant cousin for one. Poor kid."
"Your cousin? Do I get to meet him sometime?" You asked as you pulled on Satoru's cheek. That was until he popped a chocolate covered stick in your mouth. You humphed in thanks as you ate it. Trying to clear the taste of blood from your mouth.
"Mmm probably. He's a bit interesting too. So you can't use animal forms while your personality split is on the field with you?"
"Nope, but I control the weapons. I think it controls the forms."
"You could have actually killed each other doing what you did. Try not to do it so earnestly next time. Killed with love I suppose but you might want to still use your jujutsu sorcery. You going to sleep tomorrow? Take the next couple days off?"
"Nope, no rest for the wicked."
"Money doesn't grow on trees, you got bills to pay, defently mouths to feed. Can't get anything in this world for free." Satoru grinned as he started to sing the song.
"Didn't know you knew that song. It's American isn't it?" You ended up laying with your head in his lap. He didn't complain and didn't seem to care to hide his affections for you anymore.
"Yep, it's catchy though." Satoru grinned as he watched the kids. "They have gotten so much stronger. They have all been made first grade sorcerers now. Don't I rock as a teacher?"
"That so? That's something to be proud of for all of them. Maybe we should make some sweets and their favorite foods to celebrate. By the way what am I grade wise anyway? I never payed attention to it." You tried to sit up but your body hurt screamed at you. So instead you rolled over. Letting out a soft murmur of appreciation as Satoru started to pet your head.
"Your already special grade. That's because who in their right mind wouldn't be afraid of time slipping through their fingers?" Satoru tilted his head as he watched the group. "I'm sure I could kick your but in a fight though."
"Bring it. I'll crush you." You laughed as you coughed a little your body already starting to heal.
"Mmm I'm pretty sure I crush you in bed most the time. This wouldn't be any different Fairy. I'm always top, or do you need to be remedied of that?" Satoru grinned as he looked down at you through his blindfold.
"Ha! Wait did they tell me you highjacked the good will event to let the kids play baseball? Why wouldn't that suprise me? So we don't have to be a secret anymore Satoru?" You asked as you felt something drape over you.
"Nope, pretty much everyone knows by now I'm sure. There's no protecting you from it now. Sorry not sorry. Your mine."
"Pif, I'm not sorry either. I've never really cared if anyone knew. But if you keep being this cheeky your going to get slapped." You smiled softly as you turned pink. Glancing up through your prifural vision to see Satoru smiling at you.
"Don't threaten me with a good time Fairy."

(Apologies if the chapter update takes longer, I'm working on my own story. Either to become a manga of my own or as it's own book 💙 it's not hiatus just slowed down in making chapters. This is still my favorite manga and place to write.)