Chapter 28: Baby Sitter

(Unknown Artist ⚠️ manga spoilers⚠️
       "I'm sorry Nanami, I... I really have to fine out what's going on." You burrowed down into the passenger seat. Looking out the window of the rental car.
      "I work for 8 hours. You have 4 hours to poke around before we head back to the hotel. No if, ands, or buts. I can't believe I got talked into it." He adjusted his glasses behind the steering wheel.
      "Satoru said he trusted you the most. Everyone else are just... they are all getting ready for something big. I know you are to but... I just really need to know."
      Nanami glanced over at you before saying. "Yes, we have been given information on a big threat. A warning, don't worry about it. Most our energy has been spent on that. It's not fare for you, a caged bird. As much so as Itadori, he has more freedom then even you do. It all comes to an end soon. At least we hope so, or at least we will see what they are plotting. Gojo would go mad again if he lost you. So a baby sitter is necessary to bring you back alive."
     You tugged at your sleeve as you closed your eyes. The motion of the car was making you sick. "I... just want to be able to control myself better. That way I can help you, well everyone. I don't want to be a hazard."
      "Well sometimes we have to die before we understand our own curse techniques. That's what Gojo did, maybe that's why he's asked me to baby sit... again." Nanami focused on the road but held out a this paper bag inside of a plastic one. "If your going to vomit, so it in this. Not in the rental car."
      You laughed a little as you looked at his side profile. "Is it that obvious? I just.... since we are getting close I just feel sick."
      "Seems the trama really stuck with you. It's fine as long as it goes in that bag."
      You snorted as you placed the bag between your legs. Just in case. Closing your eyes as you tried to sleep. It just slowly grew steadily worse. A splitting migraine blazing through your skull. 'I told you that you weren't ready for this.'
       You wanted to say out loud that Dragon needed to quit down. But the fact that you had to spit up in the bag the saliva pooling in your mouth. It wasn't appropriate to speak. 'I need answers. I want to know who I am.'
       'You know who we are. This... this can only be a trap. I don't like it.' Dragons voice nearly making your ears bleed from the grip they had on you. Sending chills up and down your core.
       "Stop please... my head feels like... it's going to split open."
       "Are you talking to me?" Nanami asked genuinely. "Gojo told me you talk to yourself."
      Your eyes cracked open as the sun blazed in through the windows. "I'm talking to... myself, sorry."
      "It's alright. Do you want some medicine to help with motion sickness? It might make you sleep." Nanami seemed like he was trying to be kind, in reality you started to suspect he just didn't want you vomiting.
You really didn't want that happening either. "Maybe... Medicine has always effected me badly... I really just don't want to throw up all over the place." Turning to look out the window that in itself was hypnotic. You didn't hear what Nanami said next your eyes unfocusing as the scenery changed. It felt like you wear in the back seat.
When you looked forward all you saw where large blurs. Still you knew they wear your parents. Struggle as you might you couldn't see them clearly. "Baby you know to never use your abilities to hunt other humans right? Only bad guys." The voice was female, she was tugging on your foot as you giggled and nodded.
"Remember, be careful. It will eat you alive to use both to full capacity together. One has to sit over the other. Your heart, you don't hold in your emotions enough. Not enough negative ones. I'm sure your blessings will guide the way. But curse energy will hold the strength and keep the real burden at bay."
"That's dragon right?"
"Yes baby that's dragon. Listen to her if you would."
Your eyes snapped open as the car stopped. A dream? You sat up slowly as you groaned out. Nanami sighed as he shrugged. "We are here, this is the resort. I'll go get us check in. Do not leave the vehicle until I get back."
It wasn't like you really could. Still your heart pounded in your chest sitting up. Expecting to see the old mansion sprawled out. Just like the home of your nightmares. Instead, it was a very modern build married with the old. Crushing the bag in your lap trying not to hyperventilate. When Nanami got back you smiled.
"Alright come on I've got our rooms. Is there somewhere you want to look first? Like I said you have four hours." Nanami got his own suitcase out of the back. Waiting as you nearly fell out of the car and got yours.
"Not... not today. Just.... want to enjoy the place for now. I .."
"You look like your already in shock. It's best not to push it." Nanami lead into the building before opening your room and handing your key to you. "This place doesn't have the mobile device keys oddly enough. I don't trust it." He walked into the room inspected it even as you flopped into the bed.
"Nanami.... thank you for watching out for me."
"Then don't stop making my favorite coffee. Keep it stalked in the kitchen along with the coffee jelly. Keep Gojo from eating it. He's worse then a rodent."
You looked up from the comforter and laughed. "Alright, I'll keep everything stalked for you."
Nanami nodded as he moved out of the room. "Dinner is in an hour."
"You plan everything Nanami. Alright, thank you." You said softly trying to get back up. Maybe a hot shower and clean cloths would make you feel better. Your hands shaking as you bit your lip. Wishing Satoru could have come with you.
     Spraying his scent on the simi formal jacket you wear. Nanami didn't seem the type to enjoy a sit in restaurant or fast food joint. Sure enough when you walked out the door, he lead you both to a lavish restaurant. You both sat down to order, eyes watching the outside. Something crashed next to you. With the shock whipping around to look at a sever. You didn't recognize them but they seem to know you. Subconsciously you reached up to your horns hoping they didn't see them.
      "Sorry I'll be with you in a moment." Cleaning up the broken plates they bolted.
      Nanami raised his eyebrows before glaring at you. "Really... you bring trouble everywhere you go."
     "I'm... I have no idea what that was about." Cat ears and tail unfurling as you held your finger to your lips.
     Nanami sighed but looked at his menu. He was off the clock. You smiled ears flicked ordering a lemonade of your favorite flavor. The server in question listening to her panic to another. "It's her! It's the Mistress! She's here! She's finally come home!"
      "What!? I though she might have gotten killed with the others. She's alive and well? Just like Jinx promised she would be!?" The second voice male.
      "She's with one of the Jujutsu Users. I'm so scared for her. We have to save her."
      "Jinx said she would do it. We just have to wait. We have to tell her right away."
     "Wait! But what if she isn't a good person. The Mistress doesn't seem unhappy. She looks so healthy. Remember the others said she wanted to go there."
      "Why would she? Those high and mighty jujitsu sorcerers. They rule everyone and for what!? Their system is corrupt."
      You coughed as Nanami tapped your hand. Getting your attention back to ordering your favorite meal. "Well?"
      Sighing as pain shot through your head. "It's a trap. But a few survivors of... of what my parents went through... they are here. Seems Jinx's is using them as an intelligent network. Saying that the school is bad for me."
      "Wonderful. We can't get a flight out of here. I'm not Gojo so we are stuck. Surly you can call him." Nanami pulled a planner opening it and started to write. "Besides you seem far to sick to travel right now."
      "I'm fine. Let's just enjoy dinner." Smiling and propped a chin on your hand.
      "Yes, we will ask for a taste testing first. The last thing I need is for you to get drugged and taken... again. To much papaerwork for that, and possible retribution from Gojo."
      The smile on your face was genuine as you held the locket around your neck. "I can't imagine, no more being kidnapping."