•17•

Hyunjin's POV

"Go sit on that table. I'll be right over with the smoothies."

"Okay!" He said, smiling.

I turned back to the counter and after a few moments, a girl came to me.

"Here's your smoothies." She said, smiling.

"Thank you...here." I said, handing her the money.

I was about to leave when she called me, again.

"Wait, can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Well, you just did..."

"No, apart from that."

"Sure."

"If you're not comfortable with answering it, then it's fine. I just wanted to ask if you and the boy you came with are dating."

"We're not dating. We're friends; neighbors, to be exact."

"Oh, okay. Sorry for the random question." She said.

"It's fine."

Then, I went towards the table Seungmin was sitting on.

"Here you go." I said, handing him his ordered smoothie.

He looked up and smiled widely.

"Thank you!" He said.

I hummed while nodding and went to sit at the seat in front of him.

There was silence but I soon broke it.

"Did you know that your mom will be tutoring me?" I asked.

"Wait, really? I never knew! The only thing she told me was that you're my neighbor."

"You're the new neighbor of mine; not the other way around."

"Yeah, whatever. But not even you told me!"

"I just did." I said.

"Well, you didn't tell me before."

"You were still going to find out. What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that you're my friend and we're supposed to share everything with each other."

"Oh, really? Then, there's a secret about me. Do you want to know what it is?" I asked, smirking slightly.

"Yes, yes!...well, only if you want to tell me."

I got up from my chair slightly and hovered over the table to whisper to him.

"I'm a vampire." I whispered in his ear.

Then, I sat back down on my chair.

"Wait, are you really a vampire?!" He whisper-yelled with a shocked voice.

I hummed and nodded before casually taking a sip of my smoothie.

"That's so cool! I've heard they run and move so fast! How fast are you?" He asked excitedly.

"I'm not sure but I know that I can run faster than a cheetah."

"Oh, my god! That's so awesome! What's your natural eye color?" He asked, sounding interested.

"My natural eye color is bright golden."

"One more! One more! When do you usually turn into your vampire form?" He asked the last part in a not-so-quiet-whisper.

"I turn into my real self at night. I was told that each day, I'll have to return back into my real form, or else it won't end well. I really wanted to know what happens, so I once tried my best not to turn into my real self and the next day, I felt like I was going to die any second."

"Aww, that's so sad. But you know what's sadder?"

I hummed in a questionable tone, raising my eyebrows as I started taking a long sip of my smoothie.

His face now had a weird expression instead of excitement.

"Me knowing that you're lying."

I choked on my smoothie.

I looked up at him while coughing but he only had an evil smile on his face.

Honestly, it didn't even look evil; he still looked like a baby.

"You're so mean!" I managed to say.

"I know." He said, closing his eyes, raining his eyebrows, and flipping his imaginary long hair while turning his head to the side not-so-slightly.

I managed to end my coughing and started drinking my smoothie again while trying to think of a way to take my revenge.

•••