•18•

Seungmin's POV

"So, when are you starting?" I asked Hyunjin Hyung.

"Starting what?" He asked.

"The tutoring sessions."

"Oh, those. I think she said Monday. But I finished all of my homework. So, we'll see."

"Okay. But you said you finished all of your homework. That's something a smart person does. Then, why do you need tutoring?" I asked confusedly.

"My dad thinks I'm dumb and I cheat on my exams and homework, etc, which is why I pass. But I don't do any of that. I do all of my work independently, without cheating. But my dad doesn't believe me. That's the reason why my mom was looking for a tutor and when she found out that your mom has teached high school before, she asked her about tutoring me immediately." He said with an expression that had a bit of disappointment.

"You sound like a smart person, a cold one."

"Yeah. I'm good at all of my subjects. I've passed all of my graduation requirements, so I got to choose whichever subjects I wanted. Though, I could only choose a maximum of 6. But I went towards dancing and my dad thinks that I've been kicked out of my other class."

"How many classes do you have, then?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I have Chinese, music, and dance."

"That's it?"

"Yeah. How 'bout you?"

"I've passed all of my graduation requirements, too. But I chose science, because my mom wants me to be a doctor." I said.

"You know...you should go after what you want to be, not what others want you to be."

"But even my dad wanted me to be a doctor and I don't want to break their heart; even though my dad's gone...forever." I said while looking down at my smoothie, pulling the straw slightly in and out of the lid's hole.

"Don't say that. I'm sure he's looking at you from up there and is proud of you." He said, smiling at me.

I looked up and sadly smiled at him.

"Do you want to go back home?"

"I'm good here and at home; you choose." I said, looking back down at my smoothie and continued what I was doing with the straw.

"Well, I think we should head home. My dad will be back, soon."

"Oh, okay."

We got up with our smoothies and left the place.

•••

Hyunjin's POV

"Bye, Minnie!" I waved at him, standing at the doorway of my house.

"Bye, Hyungie!"

I went inside the house and saw someone I didn't want to see.

"Welcome home, son."

"D-dad. H-how are you?"

"I'm feeling great! How 'bout you?"

"M-me too." I fake-smiled, looking down at the floor.

"Well, that won't last long." He said.

I looked up at him.

"Wh-what? Wh-what do you m-mean?" I stuttered.

"You'll know what I mean after your mom goes out of the house."

"...I-I'll go t-to my r-room."

I managed to get into my room with a pair of eyes who I knew really well belonged to.

I closed my room's door and locked it.

'I'm not getting out of this room until he's gone.'

After a while, a few knocks were heard on my room's door.

"Hyunjin?"

"Yes, mom?"

"Open the door, dummy." She said.

I hesitantly opened the door.

"I'll be leaving for an urgent business meeting, okay? I don't know how long it'll take; I may even have to stay there. But don't worry, you'll be staying with your father after he has dropped me off at the airport." She said, smiling at me while saying the last sentence.

'Oh, my god. No, please don't leave me with that monster.'

"Okay. Stay safe. Bye, mom." I said, managing to give a smile.

"You won't take me to the door?" She asked sadly.

"I'm too lazy." I said, pouting slightly.

She slightly laughed.

"It's okay. I was joking. Anyways, take care of yourself and keep me updated about you and Seungmin." She said, winking at me.

"Mom, you're late! Go, quick!"

"Okay, okay! Bye, Hyunjin!" She said, smiling and waving at me.

"Bye."

I closed my room's door and locked it, again.

I went to my room's window and saw my mom and dad getting into the car.

I sighed, tears blurring my eyesight.

'This is not good. Why are you leaving me with that monster, mom?'

•••