part 2, arrival.

(TOP ART BY @reportcats ON TWITTER)
Before we start the chapter id just like to actually introduce myself other than just saying "author", IM MAX ! I go by ANY pronouns irdc but she/her are the main ones i go by. Enjoy! :)
TWS- airplanes, swearing

As the plane took off, I grabbed my AirPods from my pocket and listened to Airplane Mode by Limbo. It was my comfort song. (PLZ DEADASS ITS SO GOOD)
shit. I thought to myself. I can't believe I'm actually leaving. I feel like for a 20 year old girl this is a lot to handle.
You know what, I'm gonna treat myself. I'm gonna get a cake. Yes. A cake.

—TIME SKIP, WE B LANDING AT THE MOMENT

I got off the plane and looked around. I saw a couple of little stores.

I went up to the belt thingie where you get your bags and heard a familiar voice next to me.

"Dude I TOLD you, it's a good idea."

Was that who I thought it was...

Of course, he's seen my face before on streams and facecam but I've never seen his. He's tall. I'm 5 foot nothing.

Uh... WHAT DO I SAY?

He turned around and stared directly down at me.

"oh."
"oh."

"Hi Clay."
"Hi y/n!" he said with a smile

I smiled awkwardly and took my bags off of the thingie (i forget what it's called).

"Why are you in Flo- OH yeah Fundy told me."
"Yeah."
"Where are you planning on staying?"

I was internally panicking. WHERE WAS I STAYING?

"I don't know yet... actually." I stood there feeling like a rat.
I laughed and he smiled.
"Do you need a ride or anything? A place to stay?"

My heart sank. I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay with Clay... I mean I barely know him. He seemed like kind of an asshole but was actually really nice.

"I could use all of them actually..." I giggled.
"Of course, y/n, I don't live too far. Oh, this is Drista by the way. She's my sister."

I waved and smiled, she did the same.

We walked towards the exit and got into dreams car. We drove a couple of minutes and arrived at a medium sized house.

"Welp. This is it." Clay said pulling into his driveway.

"So. What room do you want? You can have Drista's if you want. She left to go to her friend's house."

"Yeah, I can stay in hers. Thanks!"

Clay nodded.

"Hey Clay? You live alone right?"

"Yeah. The extra bedroom is just for Drista when she sleeps over. Why?"

"Nothing. Just wondering."

He laughed and headed into the kitchen to get cups of water. "Make yourself at home, y/n."

I smiled and sat on the couch, looking at my phone.

"So... your face..."  I said, pointing out the obvious.

"Pretty, right?" He laughed and made puppy eyes.

"Yes. Gorgeous." I said sarcastically as dream let out a small wheeze.

"Hey, I'm not like... asking you out or anything but wanna go for lunch later?"

I laughed, "Yes, of course. Thank you, by the way."

He smiled, "Great! Also no need to thank me.  I don't know you too well but you and Fundy are like... RIDICULOUSLY close. So... Yeah."

I laughed and he handed me a cup of water.

☁️HI. SO. YEAH. DREAM IS HERE NOW. also I didn't really know his current living situation so I just made one up. If I made anyone uncomfortable please tell me, I'll apologize and delete the part right away. Thankz!