part 14, fair

Fundy and I left the breakfast place after finishing our food.

"Welp. We still have atleast 5 hours before we leave for the fair. I honestly thought breakfast would take longer." Fundy said walking out to the car.

"Yea, maybe we could watch a movie and just chill for a few hours." I say getting into the car.

We drive home and decide to watch a movie with Clay. Me and him cuddled and laughed the whole time.

"Welp. Its almost 6, we should get going." I say to fundy, "Clay, you sure you don't want to come?" I ask.

"Yea go have fun i'll be here." He says and kisses me on the cheek.

Me and Fundy walk out the door and get into his car.

"Oh I forgot my backpack, stay here." He says and runs back inside.

"Back already?" Clay says laughing.

"Yea I forgot my backpack." Fundy says.

"Listen, if anything happens to her its your fault. Keep her safe, please." Clay says.

Fundy freezes, "Of course." He walks out the door.

"Got everything?" I ask looking over.

"Y-yeah." Fundy says.

We drove about 15 minutes until we saw big flashing lights. It was beautiful. The colors were bright and music was booming.

"We're definitely going on the ferris wheel." I say pointing towards the big spinning wheel.

"Whatever, lets go on THAT one." Fundy points to a carousel and I nod.

We walk over to the carousel and do a couple loops. I beat Fundy at racecars obviously. We spent the whole day together, having fun. It was about 8 at night now.

"Im exhausted." I say, holding a teddy bear Fundy won me.

"Same." He says as we walk back to the parking lot.

I open my phone as I sit down in the passengers seat, posting the pictures that me and Fundy took.

I honestly didn't care if people found out I was in Florida. I didn't mind people shipping me and Dream.

"I like this one we look good." He says pointing to a photo in my camera role.

"Correction, YOU look good. I look sleep deprived." I say laughing.

"You need to be more confident. You're the prettiest girl i've ever mer. How can you be so insecure?" He says looking over at me.

Im not gonna lie, sometimes it seemed like Fundy had a little crush on me but I knew he was just being friendly.

"I don't know actually. Maybe hate comments or something like that." I say twiddling my thumbs.

Fundy shrugs and starts driving, "Whatever. You're beautiful."

I smile and we pull into Clay's driveway. We got home a bit early because we went on a lot of the rides really fast. I saw another car in the driveway and just assumed one of Clays friends were over.

Fundy and I walk into the house.

"Hiiii we're ho-" I stop mid sentence and see Clay in the kitchen with a girl. 2 bottles of wine. and candles lit.

"Oh god." He says and spills the wine everywhere.

"Uh, i'm gonna wait outside.." Fundy says.

My eyes start watering. The teddy bear drops out of my hand. Im broken. What the hell. Is he really cheating on me...? After everything.

"You're joking...? right." I say looking up at Clay. My heart physically hurts.

"Im so sorry. I promise I can explain everything." He says.

I stand there completely shattered. I look at Natalie. She smiles. I roll my eyes. Tears stream down my cheeks and I make a fist with my hands.

"I'll give you a chance to explain. But if it's not valid i'm leaving tomorrow with Fundy." I say with my voice cracking.

I was mad... and sad... and sort of confused. But I couldn't stay mad at Clay. He made me feel so safe. Why would he cheat...?

"I'll give you a minute." I say stepping outside to talk to Fundy.

"Y/n Im so sorry. You don't deserve that." He says hugging me. My eyeliner runs down my face.

"I just don't understand." I say crying.

"Im gonna be honest I dont think he cheated. He loves you, y/n. He told me before we left that if anything were to happen to you it was my fault. Cheating just doesn't seem like him." Fundy says releasing my hug.