4 | reveal.

Waiting at the park, Sunwoo nervously sat on the bench, feeling his legs shake. It was already becoming late and dark, yet it wasn't 5 yet, so she still had time to arrive. The nervousness in his body was becoming bigger and bigger as the time passed, every second seemed like an hour, it was that hard to wait for Sunwoo.

Sunwoo was known for not being patient, but instead of how it was like for others, he wasn't violently impatient, he was the nervous — over thinker impatient.

Sunwoo was overthinking so many things at the same time that you can't even list them all together.

Most of the time, since he was the youngest in some and most situations, he would avoid doing extra unnecessary things like this, waiting, people would never keep him waiting, as some of them would say "don't upset the youngest", they really cherished him and cared for him so they would always try to make things easier for him in life.

However when he actually gets to experience this like others, he's the most nervous he'll ever be.

The time on his watch finally showed 5:00pm, making him let out a small exhale of breath, and his nervousness level going down a bit.

The time was about to turn 5:01, when he heard the elegant feminine voice he loved to hear, calling out for him.

"Sunwoo!" Eunji called out, jogging towards the bench he was sitting on, making Sunwoo stand up as a sign of respect. Once she reached her destination, she stopped for a bit to take a breather, "I hope I'm not too late, I was working on an extra project out of school, and they took too much time from me this time. I'm sorry."

"It's alright," he put his slightly trembling hand on her shoulder, "how about we sit down?" He suggested kindly, like a gentleman.

Once they were both seated, the air was filled with an uncomfortable silence, making the two of them slightly awkward. Before Sunwoo could speak up and spark the conversation first, Eunji cut him off and broke the silence.

"So," she looked up at him, "what did you want to tell me Sunwoo?"

Haknyeon walked through the park, breathing in the fresh air, he had to go buy his mother some snacks and was on his way home when he saw the two of them. He stopped right on his tracks and dropped the bag of snacks.

As much as Haknyeon wanted to move, he couldn't, he was frozen in his place. He didn't want to face the heart break, yet his body wasn't doing him any justice.

Sunwoo took out the box of chocolates out of his backpack and handed it to her slowly. His heart was beating so fast, he was very nervous and felt like his insides were eating him, nonetheless — he finally gathered the courage and looked at her. He took a deep breath before he started, "Eunji," he exhaled, "I like you. More than a friend."

Silence filled the air as Eunji kept her head down, still looking at the box of chocolates in her hands. Haknyeon felt his heart break in the long uncomfortable silence, while Sunwoo looked at his fidgeting hands silently and nervously.

"Sunwoo," she finally broke the silence as she looked over sadly at the other boy, "I'm sorry. I like someone else."

Now it was Sunwoo's turn to feel his heart break, he felt like he couldn't breath, the shock was too much for him to handle, but he should've seen it coming, she was just a friendly classmate after all, wasn't she? How could he have been so confident and think that she would be able to return his feelings? He felt too foolish to say anything — the only word he was able to choke out was, "who?"

She widened her eyes and stared at him silently, her hands clutching the box shakily. It took a few moments for her to speak, then she was able to reply, "H — Haknyeon." She cleared her throat, "I like Haknyeon."

Haknyeon widened his eyes and he gaped at the scene in front of him, not believing what he just heard right now, this problem was far too messy to understand. 'Did I just hear that right?' He thought to himself.

She handed the box back to the still shocked looking Sunwoo and bowed to him, "I'm sorry. I have to go." She turned away from him and walked slowly.

Once she walked away, Sunwoo took the box of chocolates and violently threw it away from him, he put his face in his hands and started aggressively rubbing it, he felt like he was about to cry.

Haknyeon, in a small distance away was watching the scene in front of him silently, still trying to comprehend what just happened, as if it was a scene that came right out of the dramas he used to watch with his mother.

Both sat in their own spaces silently, one aware of the presence of the other, and the other not so aware.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

―₊˚.༄ a/n: opinions?

i felt like this was neutral, not too sad yk. but i'd love to hear more thoughts!