10 | hurtful thoughts.

Haknyeon walked silently through the silent streets of his neighborhood, there were only a few cars passing by now and then, and a few people around him walking together. It was less crowded than usual, so this was considered silence, for them.

This is his only alone time, that he gets to think to himself, and think alone with no interruptions from the outside world that surround him.

The only time where the social butterfly gets to focus on himself, and on himself only.

Why does he still feel his heart ache so much? Did he like him that much? He tries to forget about him, yet whenever his mind is empty, and there's nothing to think about, he comes to mind.

He thought he would be alright after the non-direct rejection, yet he still tries not to cry every time he's reminded of it. He knows that maybe someday, he'll move on and forget, yet he can't help but want to stay close to Sunwoo, he can't help but think about him, he can't but try to at least help him fix the situation that he caused himself.

If only Eunji had liked him, she and Sunwoo would have been together, even if it hurt him, he would at least be a little happier knowing that Sunwoo is happy. He'll always be happy for him whenever he is too, no matter what the cost is.

Haknyeon feels his legs aching, so instead of continuing his walk, he sits down on a bench and sighs, while trying to massage his legs.

He looks around him, admiring the lights of the cafe sitting in front of him across the streets, when his eyes caught sight of two men, that look a bit older than Haknyeon, holding each other's hands, walking together while smiling at each other lovingly and shyly.

Even if he says he's trying his best to move on, he can't help but imagine him and Sunwoo in those two men's places. Looking at each other with nothing but love in their eyes, and passing by people while showing their love to the world with no care.

He wishes he could express his feelings as well with no fear in his heart, he knows all he'll receive is rejection, along with a genuine apology with sad smiles.

And it's alright, it's fine. Because Haknyeon knows, that he can't change someone else's sexuality, he can't control that part of someone else.

He'd be an asshole to do so.

He understands the journey of finding yourself, because he's been there, and he understands how hard it can be for a person, so he doesn't want to ruin it for someone else just for the sake of his feelings.

He can't help but wish for Sunwoo to be gay, or at least have some kind of interest in boys. And he feels so bad for thinking that, because he'll never want to ruin someone's journey in finding their true self. It's their own quest to find that out.

Okay, we established that, but why does his heart still ache so much?

"I guess I really do love you," Haknyeon whispers to himself, it's pretty obvious by now, his hurting fragile heart has been yelling it for so long, he's finally realized it now.

Haknyeon leaned towards the wall behind him and closed his eyes, he let himself trust the blowing breeze around him to sing him to sleep.

"One day, I'll be okay." He promised himself in the windy night.

The owner of this heart and body has put it in so much pain, this is where he gives them rest.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

―₊˚.༄ a/n: double update!!! weird ik BUT... it's because i realized we reached 380 reads and 90 votes!! wow you guys are so sexy for this i love y'all here's a kiss mwah<33