9 | ice cream.

The two walked together, awkwardly exchanging some words when Sunwoo realized that the place they're walking to wasn't his home, as planned.

"This isn't the way to my home," Sunwoo pointed out, when his eyes widened when he realized he was at the same park, of that night. Trying to cover up his awkward surprise at the choice of place he joked, "if you're trying to murder me, you should bring me to a less crowded place, Haknyeon."

"Do you want me to murder you? That bad?" Haknyeon joked along, making the two of them laugh together, genuinely.

Both kept walking together, until Haknyeon stopped suddenly, making Sunwoo stop and look at him, he was about to ask why they suddenly stopped when he turned his eyes to look at what he was looking at, an ice cream stand.

Sunwoo's looked at the ice cream stand in awe, hungry from the long day he had at school, he snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Haknyeon's voice, "come on, let's go."

Ge started walking, leaving the Sunwoo that looked like he was still processing what's happening behind him, until he snapped out of his thoughts again when Haknyeon called for him, "hurry up, Sunwoo!"

"Yeah, I'm coming!" He ran after him.

They reached the ice cream stand and Haknyeon spoke up first, "excuse me ma'am," catching the attention of the woman upfront, making her give him a small paper with all of the ice creams available. After skimming the paper, he returned it to the woman, without even looking at Sunwoo or asking him what he wants.

Sunwoo was about to speak up, and order the ice cream flavor he wanted when he got cut off by Haknyeon, "we would like one scoop of strawberry and one scoop of chocolate in your largest cup."

"In the same cup?" The woman asked behind the stand asked,  Haknyeon replied with a "yes please," kindly, making Sunwoo confused at the interaction in front of him, 'one cup? Large?' He thought.

The woman gave Haknyeon his order and he paid in exchange, he turned to Sunwoo and tilted his head towards the table besides the stand and they both walked their together.

When they sat down, Haknyeon gave Sunwoo a tiny spoon and a tissue, they both started silently eating.

Sunwoo was first to break the silence with a question that lingered his mind for a while, "why did you order this?" Then quickly added to not make himself seem rude with such a question, "I mean, it's not like I don't like it,  just curious, that's all."

"It might get a bit deep but," Haknyeon swallowed the ice cream the continued, "I see myself as the strawberry, and you're the chocolate," he replied casually to Sunwoo, making the said boy furrow his eyes in confusion.

Haknyeon chuckled at Sunwoo's expression, "we're different, yet we fit together as friends, we help each other with our flaws and differences and fix each other's mistakes. We make ourselves better people when we are together, Sunwoo."

Sunwoo felt his heart skip a beat, and he put his hand on his heart while his stomach was filled with butterflies. 'What is this feeling?'

After a moment of silence, Sunwoo said with a tiny smile, "you're so thoughtful, Haknyeon."

Haknyeon looked back at him and smiled back, then both of them went back to finishing their ice cream.

Sunwoo was close to finishing his ice cream when he felt a finger on his cheek, he looked up to see Haknyeon rubbing his thumb on his cheek, "you had a little something there." Haknyeon whispered at him, to explain his actions before retrieving his hand back.

Sunwoo felt his cheeks redden a bit and nodded shyly at Haknyeon.

After they both finished their ice cream, Sunwoo remembered that Haknyeon paid for it, he quickly reached for his wallet in his backpack to get some money to pay Haknyeon back when he suddenly felt a hand clasping his wrist, "it's on me, don't worry about it." Haknyeon smiled at him.

"A — are you sure?" Sunwoo questioned, making Haknyeon nod in response.

"Ah, would you look at the time? It's already almost four! We should probably go home by now, Sunwoo," Haknyeon said while checking his watch making Sunwoo look at his phone and agree with him.

They both said goodbye to eachother and went on their separate ways, both of them thinking of their true feelings about each other.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

―₊˚.༄ a/n: so lately I've been noticing some of y'all saying that you relate to the character's sad thoughts/backstories and I was thinking.... are y'all okay?? 🤨🤨 y'all need help or something? get therapy please lol