19 | lover.

—ONE YEAR LATER

The sun shined bright, making kid's ice creams melt as they cried. The park was full of happy families, children, friends and couples, as the weather was suitable for a little picnic under the sun.

And that was exactly what Sunwoo and Haknyeon planned for their one year anniversary date, a nice picnic in the park.

It was really simple, but that was how Haknyeon wanted it to be, he panicked when Sunwoo first suggested a really fancy restaurant. Although Sunwoo said he would pay, he still kindly declined the offer, saying that he does not feel comfortable in such places.

Haknyeon sighed as he looked around, he felt calm and happy, things were starting too look up for him. He has the best boyfriend in the world, he got accepted to his dream university, as well as his grades were the best of the best.

He was happy to what he had achieved.

"The sun looks good on you," he heard a voice from behind him. Sunwoo approached Haknyeon as he placed his basket on the little blanket Haknyeon had set up from before.

"Golden hour makes everyone look good," Haknyeon smiled at the compliment.

"But you're more special than everyone."

"Don't be cheesy!" Haknyeon replied as the two of them laughed together.

Sunwoo sat down as he got out the food from his basket and placed them down on the blanket, "I brought donuts and some other sweets."

"Drinks?"

"Pear juice for me, and some apple juice for you."

"Of course," Haknyeon rolled his eyes at his boyfriend.

The two began eating together, letting the sweet taste of the food Sunwoo brought occupy their minds for awhile, till they started a conversation.

"Cinnamon rolls!" Haknyeon pointed them out once he saw them, he picked them up with a smile as he tasted one, "these are so good! From where did you buy them?"

Sunwoo blushed as he tried to avoid eye contact, "actually I made them."

Haknyeon widened his eyes, "really? You're getting really good at baking."

"Thank you. My mom helped me with this one."

The two went back to silence as they enjoyed each other's presence, happily eating together with no other care in the world. 

"Right, by the way," Sunwoo clapped his hands together, trying to clean his hands a bit, "did you know that Eric decided to study literature in the university near by?"

"I didn't know that, wow." Haknyeon looked surprised, "really? Didn't think he would be the type of person who would pursue writing as a career."

"It was what I thought too, but I think it suits him, he said he's either going to become an author or a poet," Sunwoo shrugged, "we can visit him some time when we're all free, he told me that he made a new really close friend that he wants us to meet."

Haknyeon gasped dramatically, "he replaced you!" Sunwoo rolled his eyes at him making him smile, "I'm kidding, we should go meet that friend sometime soon, maybe go to that new arcade that opened last week?"

"Yeah we could," Sunwoo took another bite of a donut, "he said it's someone we knew, or there is a chance we knew that person."

"Hmm," Haknyeon hummed to himself, "wonder who could that be. Maybe someone who went to high school with us."

"Probably," Sunwoo shrugged then turned his attention to the donut in his hand that he was eating, "now back to the donut, I should probably stick to this recipe rather than the other one."

Haknyeon shivered as he remembered the taste of the last one, "yes, yes you should."

"Hey! The last one wasn't that bad!"

"Whatever you say."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

˚. a/n: the "can you see the dark can you fix the broken can you feel my HEARTTT" meme is stuck in my head now HELP. btw everything written in this chapter will be kind of clarified in the next one.