The Journey Begins

The fellowship met at the entrance to Rivendell early the next morning, all of them both eager and apprehensive to be on their way. Lord Elrond and his council were there to see them off. Bill the pony from Bree was to continue the journey with them, to help carry the necessary supplies. While everyone gathered the last their belongings together, Elrond gestured Amara over to one side, away from the prying ears of the others.

"Be careful, and do not be afraid of what you may see. The future is not set in stone. Use it to guide you and prepare for the worst. But no matter what it may show you, never fear it." He rested a hand on her shoulder. "May we see each other again soon, in better circumstances."

"Let us hope." Amara said before Elrond embraced her before letting her re-join the others.

"The ring bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom." Elrond addressed the unlikely group of four hobbits, two elves, two men, a dwarf and a wizard. "On you who travel with him, no oath nor bond is laid to go no further than you will. Farewell, hold to your purpose. May the blessings of elves and men and all free folk go with you." Elrond touched his hand to his chest and then moved his hand out towards them. Legolas and Amara did the same in return; their final farewell.

"The fellowship awaits the rig bearer." Gandalf said.

Frodo took a deep breath before he turned to look at the rest of his companions. He looked nervous as he made his way past them and to the front gate.

"Mordor, Gandalf, is it left, or right?" He whispered as he reached the crossroads that led out of the front gate.

"Left." Gandalf murmured back and Frodo led them out of Rivendell.

Amara shared one last glance with her father, her vision from the night before at the forefront of her mind, before following the others. As they waked across the bridge, she took one last look back and wondered when she would next see Rivendell, or if she ever would again.