chapter seven

after dinner, hana and jaemin went back home and ended their night.

hana was lying in bed when a sudden flood of guilt busied her mind, causing her to bite down on her lip.

"did he need to tell me something important?" she mumbled to herself, remembering how she ended the call with jay without letting him finish speaking.

hana
um jay?

jay
yes?

hana
about earlier .. did you
need to say something
important? why is it
that you wanted me to
call you?

jay
oh that

jay
nothing never mind

hana put on a slight frown due to jay's response and sighed.

hana
ah okay

jay
is that all?

hana
well yes

jay
then i'll be off to sleep
now. it's quite late so
you should sleep as
well

hana smiled at jay's message and happily cooed excitedly.

hana
i will. rest up mister
celebrity. you've got
a whole world to
entertain don't you

jay
well i guess you can say
that. goodnight

hana's smile widened as she set her phone down, grabbing a pillow and covering a face to yell.

"is a celebrity really my life savior? and he's attractive? and kind? omo," hana exclaimed.

"yo .." jaemin began, knocking on hana's room door and peeking in, "is everything okay?"

"what? yeah, everything's fine. why wouldn't it be?" hana asked.

"well .. you screamed and you're talking to yourself .." jaemin answered.

he walked next to hana's bed and bent down, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead before ruffling her hair.

"but goodnight baby sis."

"i'm not a baby anymore," hana whined, "why do you keep treating me like one?"

"not to me," jaemin smiled, "you'll always be baby hana to me. i want to make sure i soak every moment in. i won't lose you and regret not cherishing it all. i learned from my past."

hana bittersweetly smiled as a sudden wave of sadness filled her, "you miss them too, don't you?"

the two turned to a picture frame placed on hana's nightstand. it was a family picture of the two and their parents who passed from a tragic car accident.

jaemin sighed, "every single second. why wouldn't i miss them?"

"me too," hana mumbled.

"but they're always watching over us," jaemin comforted, "i'll be in the living room. sweet dreams."

"good night jaem," hana smiled.

once jaemin shut the door to hana's room, she picked up the picture frame of her family and held it in her lap. looking down at it, she gently brushed her thumbs over the faces of her parents.

"mom, dad," she began, a tear dropping on the frame, "i miss you so much."

"i'm sorry i wasn't the best daughter," she whispered, "i tell you everything now and i know you're always listening, but i'm sorry i never acted like this when you were still here."

"you remember minjun right? well he's returned. i don't know what's gotten into him now, but we're not like before."

"but then i met this guy. his name is jay. i don't think he was fond of me at the beginning, but he's a good person from my point of view. his protective aura reminds me of you two, you know?"

"i really really miss you two," she cried, "goodnight my angels."

the next morning, hana woke up a bit late due to her exhaustion from crying the night before. she had a night shift, so she had time to get rid of her red and puffy eyes.

grabbing her phone, she walked outside of the bathroom after washing up and saw a plate on the kitchen counter with a note.

she picked up the note and read, "i know you had a rough night, so i woke up a bit early to make your favorite breakfast. sorry i couldn't be there to comfort you, but remember mom and dad miss you as much as you miss them. love you."

"tch," hana chuckled, "thank you jaemin."

once she texted her brother a thank you and finished her breakfast, hana decided to watch some t.v.

however, she became extremely bored and decided to go out for a stroll in the park before her shift.

leaving the house, she put earphones in her ears and hummed along to the song as she walked to the park.

in the distance, she saw a big camera crew who surrounded a group of people and as she approached them, she recognized the bunch to be the same people from the café the other day.

hana sighed, "i can never escape his presence huh?"

"guess not," a voice answered, startling hana, making her jump up and turn around.

"sorry. didn't mean to startle you," the person chuckled.

"j-jay .. how did you .. you were just over there," hana pointed out.

"i've got to self record," he smiled, "treasure hunt."

"wanna help?"

"me? help you? is that even allowed?" hana questioned, "wouldn't your fans or whatnot go crazy?"

"well .. they don't have to know about you," he cheekily replied, winking at her.
:::::
happy thanksgiving everyone!!