chapter fourteen

while hana finished treating jay's cut, there was a loud gasp by the door, gaining their attention.

"oh .. jaemin," hana nervously smiled.

"um jay, this is my older brother jaemin. jaemin, this is my boyf— FRIEND. this is my friend jay," she introduced.

it seemed as though hana overthought the situation because her heart was about to explode, however, the two males watched in entertainment.

"hi," jay greeted jaemin, "nice to meet you."

"nice to meet you too. hey- aren't you that guy that lives next door?" jaemin questioned.

"ah yes," jay replied.

jaemin dramatically gasped and looked at hana, "you told me you didn't know who those boys were. you lied to me?"

"maybe?" hana chuckled, "i'm sorry. i jus—"

"yeah yeah it's fine," jaemin interrupted, "uh .. what happened to your lip?"

hana was going to turn to face jaemin, but turned on her ankle and almost fell. however, jay was able to wrap his arm around her waist before she could fall.

she looked up and gave him a smile before answering jaemin, "minjun."

hearing his name, jaemin agitatedly bit down on his lip and looked away, rubbing his face with his hand.

"he's still bothering you?" jaemin asked.

hana nodded, "but thankfully jay's been there to protect me every time."

"why don't you go to the cops?"

"they wouldn't do anything. they'd only push the issue aside," jay replied.

"exactly," hana added.

"but don't worry," she began, "i'll meet up with him soon to sort it out."

"are you crazy?" jay exclaimed.

"absolutely not," jaemin spoke.

"he already tried to take you somewhere private in front of me. imagine what he'd do to you when nobody's around," jay said.

"you're not going to see him. especially not alone," jaemin added.

"but guys," she almost whined, "that's the only way to solve this."

"come on, out."

hana motioned for jaemin to get out the doorway so the two could get out the bathroom.

hana pulled out two stools by the kitchen counter and patted one for jay to sit, sitting down on one herself while jaemin stood on the other side of the kitchen counter.

"jaemin, i promise it'll be okay. i can manage on my own," she smiled in assurance.

"then i'm coming with you," he replied.

"jaemin no," hana began, but sighed, "okay fine."

"but i should walk jay out," she spoke.

"oh yeah go do that," jaemin nodded, "it was nice to meet you."

"same here," jay smiled, "goodbye."

"oh bye."

once hana shut the door and stood outside her apartment, jay turned around and smiled, "you know you didn't have to walk me out. i literally live three steps away from your apartment."

"just take this as me saying thank you," hana snickered.

"but really. thank you. you're right. if it weren't for you being with me every time, it probably wouldn't have ended well," she added.

"glad i could help," jay smiled.

"sorry for your uh," hana spoke, pointing towards his lip.

jay sighed, "you don't have to apologize."

"i know, but i want to. you aren't as handsome with that cut anymore," she joked, making jay's face go straight.

"i'm just kidding," she laughed, "you always look attractive."

"was that your attempt at flirting?"

"take it how you want," hana smiled, "but hurry. go inside. it's really cold and you should take care of yourself for all your fans and whatnot."

"you should take care of yourself too," jay replied, "go in first and then i'll leave."

"such a gentleman," she joked, "alright then. uh see you .."

"tomorrow," jay replied, "i'll try to stop by the café tomorrow night."

"great," hana smiled, "bye."

jay hummed in response as hana opened the door to her apartment and walked in, shutting the door after her.

"oh you are so in love," jaemin spoke as soon as the door shut.

"i am not," hana replied.

jaemin sighed, "okay then .. whatever you say. but i like him. he's friendly and protects you. keep him."

"keep him? he's not some object," hana chuckled, "i'm going into my room."

"no dinner?"

"i ate a little with jay earlier," hana replied, "you can eat without me today."

"okay," jaemin hummed before hana shut the door to her room.