chapter thirteen

"so will you finally unblock me now?" hana asked jay.

"oh! right."

the two were sitting at a table for two outside a convenient store near their apartments late at night.

"all done," he smiled, showing hana his phone.

hana cutely smiled in response as she brought the warm cup of hot chocolate to her mouth and took a sip.

she took a deep breath and began, "you know .. you should tell me more about yourself and what you do. if we're supposedly dating and have to spend time together, we might as well make the most out of it."

jay nodded in agreement and put his elbows on the table, leaning in closer, "what do you want to know?"

"um well .." hana began thinking, "what do you actually do? like what does a celebrity like you do?"

"ah," jay replied, taking out his phone.

he did some clicking and typing before handing hana his phone, "this is one of our performances."

"oh wow," hana commented, "wow."

"wow .. you're pretty talented."

"pretty talented? or pretty and talented?" jay cheekily asked, making hana slide the phone over and give him a glare.

"pretty and talented. pretty talented," she replied, "your singing voice is nice."

"why thank you," jay smiled, looking over hana's shoulder and pulling his black mask over his nose.

seeing this, hana turned around to see why jay did that and saw a couple approach the two.

"so do people like you really have to be this cautious?" hana asked, receiving a nod.

"wow .. what a life."

jay shrugged, "but i guess you eventually get used to it. you have to learn how to adjust quickly."

"yeah, something i can't do," hana chuckled, "i'm still not feeling this cold weather and hot chocolate. it was like 80 degrees yesterday."

"which is why you should watch what you wear," a voice spoke, gaining the attention of both.

hana turned around to see minjun standing right behind her with his hands in his pockets. she turned to face jay and saw him rub his temples before standing up and walking next to her.

jay gently pulled hana up by her wrist and made sure she was behind him while he faced minjun.

"calm down bud. i was just trying to make sure she takes care of herself," minjun chuckled, looking completely wasted.

"she is perfectly capable of taking care of herself with me by her side to remind her," jay replied, "what's your deal?"

"my deal? what deal? i just wanted to see how my lovely girlfriend is doing."

"ex girlfriend," jay corrected.

"minjun," hana began, "you're obviously drunk. please .. just go home. get some rest."

"she's right. you should—"

"aish!" minjun let out as his balled up fist made contact with jay's lower face.

realizing what just happened, hana gasped and stared wide-eyed at the two boys before her.

"i'm tired of seeing you and your 'she's my girlfriend' act you little punk," minjun began, "instead of telling me what to do, why don't you listen to her and take yourself home?"

hana payed attention to jay as his hand began to ball up into a fist while he took steps closer towards minjun.

"stop," hana spoke, pulling jay's arm back and standing in between the two.

"minjun, what do you want? go home. you reek of alcohol," she added.

"what do i want?" minjun questioned with a chuckle, "i want you. i want our relationship back. i can't live without you. i really can't. i'm a complete wreck without you hana."

with the sudden confession, hana was left speechless, leaving the three to stand in silence.

"i'm sorry," hana mumbled as she applied ointment to jay's lips.

after the whole scene outside the convenient store, minjun eventually gave up and returned home. following that, hana took jay to her apartment to treat his face from minjun's punch.

jay sat on top of the restroom sink counter with hana in between his legs for closer access to his lips. because the thin mask acted as slight protection, there wasn't much visible damage to jay's face besides a cut on his lip.

"minjun usually acts like that when he's drunk," hana explained, "and i want to apologize for him because y—"

"don't."

hana brought her hand down from jay's lip and looked up at him in confusion.

"don't apologize for something you didn't do. he's held accountable for what he did to me, not you," jay replied.

the two looked at each other in silence for a good minute before hana looked away and proceeded to treat his lip.

"you won't get in trouble for this right? like .. i won't have to meet with your ceo and that lady because of this right?" hana asked, avoiding eye contact.

"right," jay managed to chuckle.

"gosh you are one strong person for dealing with him all this time," jay added.