chapter nineteen

jay went to the bathroom and came back to see hana fast asleep in the chair by his desk.

he stood by the door and stared at hana for a bit before shutting the door and walking to her. debating on whether or not he should wake her, he ended up picking her up and carrying her to his bed.

tucking her in, he looked down at her and smiled before going to clean up his mess. as he walked out into the living room, he saw some boys cleaning up the table, while some were watching tv on the couch.

"oh? where's hana?" sunoo asked.

"she's asleep," jay replied.

niki gasped, "in your bed?"

"yes in my bed .. where else would she sleep?" jay chuckled, putting his bowl in the sink.

"jay," heeseung called, motioning for jay to walk over to him.

once jay stood in front of heeseung, heeseung out his hand on jay's shoulder and smiled, "do you like hana? like genuinely?"

"w-you can't .. don't ask me that," jay stuttered, making heeseung chuckle.

"you should wake her up and tell her to go home, so she can eat. she said she wanted to eat with her brother," heeseung spoke, "she has a brother?"

jay nodded, "older brother. he's quite nice."

"wah," heeseung began, "you even met the brother. you're getting somewhere. keep going."

jay chuckled in disbelief and shook his head before heading back into his room.

he glanced at hana and smiled before deciding to not wake her up since she looked like she really needed the sleep.

instead, he sat at the end of the bed with his back against the wall and closed his eyes. jay began thinking in silence about lots of things, including hana.

"no- s..stop. please .." hana suddenly mumbled, gaining the attention of jay.

he immediately opened his eyes and looked over to hana who had tears rolling off her face as she began mumbling things.

"hey hey," jay softly spoke as he stood next to her.

"stop! please!" hana mumbled again.

"hana, it's me," jay continued, kneeling down next to her.

"don't touch me! please stop .. minjun!" she mumbled much louder.

hana opened her eyes and sat up, beginning to gasp for air until she met eyes with jay who looked at her comfortingly. once she saw jay, she released a sigh and rested her head in her hands.

"hey .. you're okay," jay whispered.

his heart softened when he began to hear whimpers and sniffles coming from hana. he hadn't dealt with anything like this and wasn't sure of what to do, so he did the first thing that came to mind.

jay sat on the vacant spot of the bed next to hana and placed his hands on her hands, pulling them down from her face.

their hands were attached, resting in jay's blanket as he began to think of comforting words.

"it's okay. it was just a bad dream," jay spoke, "you're okay."

he gave her a comforting smile before bringing one of his hands to move a piece of hair behind her ear, "do you want to talk about it?"

"it's okay if you don't," he added, "but you're safe now."

"i'll tell you what. why don't you go back to your place? your brother is probably home by now and you can eat with him then go to sleep. you'll be much more comfortable in your own home," jay spoke, "come on, i'll walk you."

jay stood up first and pushed the covers off of hana, waiting for her to get up. she got up and wiped her eyes and followed jay out his room.

"are you leaving already?" sunoo asked.

hana gave a smile and nodded, "it's getting quite late."

"thank you for the food again," niki thanked.

"you're very welcome," she replied, looking up at jay, "you don't have to walk me out. you're already sick, so you shouldn't go back out into the cold. i can manage three steps on my own."

"but i want to make sure you get back safely," jay spoke back in a slight whine.

"jay, it's like three steps from your place. what could possibly happen?"

"quite a lot actually."

hana sighed and wrapped both hands around his hand, giving it a tight squeeze, "i'll be okay. if something bad happens, i won't blame you."

"i'll blame myself," jay replied, softly looking into hana's eyes.

"jay if you're that worried," jungwon began, "i can walk her back."

"can you?" jay questioned.

"oh no, it's okay jungwon," hana smiled.

"he's going to walk you back," jay stated.

"let me go grab my jacket first," jungwon spoke, running into his room.

once jungwon was out of sight and it seemed as if the other boys weren't paying attention, hana shot jay a glare and stepped closer to him.

looking up, she said, "do we really have to bother jungwon? you are acting quite strange and protective."

"i'm your boyfriend. what do you expect?"

"eh fake. just for show. don't get too ahead of yourself," hana replied.

"then let's stop faking."