Chapter 5

Yong and I had been talking about me moving in with him. Now that danger lerked in every corner, it made sense to be around Yong more. I would also be able to sleep easier knowing he was there. It only took two days for me to gather my things and move in with him. Yong and his brother Tase actually lived together in the two bedroom condo, so I moved directly into Yong's room. Yong also took some time off of work, opting for working morning clinic hours instead. He made sure that either Tase or himself were always home. And me? I quit my job to opt for staying inside or with Yong. It was safer that way. After settling all of my things in Yong's room. I stepped out to meet his brother for the first time. Tase looked different than Yong. Where Yong had long, shiny black hair, Tase had shorter brown hair and he was a little taller than Yong.

"You must be Aivi. I'm Yong's older brother, Tase," Tase smiled at me as he offered his hand. Before my hand could make contact with his, Yong smacked his hand down.

"What did I just say?" Yong glared at his older brother.

"Don't touch your girlfriend unless it's a life or death situation," Tase recited as he rolled his eyes. I giggled before giving Tase a nod.

"It's nice to meet you, Tase," I smiled. As Tase went to his room, Yong wrapped his arms around my waist with a pout. I smiled as I brushed my finger against his straight nose.

"Aren't you being a little overprotective?" I asked as I quirked an eyebrow at him. Yong pecked me gently before pulling me closer.

"Tase is widely known for being a playboy back in the day. I don't want him trying to seduce the woman I love," he explained before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I don't think anyone could take me away from you," I said sweetly. He finally smiled before sighing.

"If you want to go get ready for bed, I'll start on dinner," he said. I nodded before I went back to the room. After taking a shower, washing my hair, and changing into a big t-shirt and pajama pants, I went back to the kitchen where Yong was finishing up putting all the food on plates. He smiled over at me briefly before setting the pot back on the stove.

"Food is ready. Will you help me take this to the table?" He asked. I grabbed a plate before bringing it to the dining room table where Tase was already waiting. Yong set the other two plates down as I took a seat. Yong looked to me expectantly.

"Try it," he urged. I took a bite of the vegetables and tried to surpress the moan of pleasure. It was delicious, and I didn't even like vegetables. The food was savory yet, not too greasy either.

"This is amazing," I praised. Yong seemed satisfied as he and Tase dug in as well. After dinner, Tase did the dishes as Yong went back to the room with me. After he was showered and ready for bed, he got in the bed next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I want you to stay by my side forever," he said gently before kissing my head.

"I have a question. How did you know about the lotus heart?" I asked randomly. He smiled lightly.

"Where Tase and I are from, it's a widely known legend. I didn't believe it until it activated on your birthday," he answered.

"How did you calm the side effects?" I asked a follow up question.

"Tase and I were taught how to cultivate internal energy. I simply passed some of it to you. It can be used as a lifesaving tool, or a weapon. One day, I'll teach you how to cultivate as well, but for now, we should go to sleep," he said. He switched off the bedside lamp, covering the room in darkness before he wrapped his arms back around me.

"Yong... I love you," I said softly in the darkness. I felt his lips against mine as he moved to hover over me.

"Tell me if I'm going too far. I easily get carried away when it comes to you," he breathed. My hands held his cheeks gently.

"Yong, I trust you. You were my first kiss, and I'm sure we'll have other firsts," I said back softly before bringing his lips back to mine. Our kiss grew heated as his hand slid to my hip. I moved my hands to pull off his shirt before my hands went to his back. I felt a long deep scar but so ignored it as lust took over my body. I wanted Yong in every way but I held myself back. Even though I trusted him, there was still a high chance something, or someone, out there would kill me. I didn't want to leave any regrets before I died.

Yong tried his best to be gentle. I could feel him shaking with restraint with every kiss. If I could stay forever with Yong, I would be happy, but I knew that it probably wouldn't happen. As much as Yong didn't want to lose me, and I didn't want to die. If something otherworldly were to come for me, Yong wouldn't be able to handle it on his own. As Yong continued to kiss me, I slowly began to accept my fate. If I was meant to die in this life, I would do everything I wanted to do first. I would continue treating Yong with sincerity and loving him. I would put my life on the line for him. Even though we'd only dated less than a year, I knew that Yong was my forever. As a girl with a countdown clock, I didn't want to keep him from his goals and aspirations. I didn't want to hold him back.