Chapter 16

*Aivi's POV*

One thousand years. I spent one thousand years cultivating and training at Heavenly Cloud. Even though I breezed through my classes with ease, I stayed longer to get stronger and perfect myself. I even went through my heavenly trail of five lightning strikes and ascended to an High Immortal status while there. Finally, I'd graduated and was finally ready to go back. I knew that this was only the start of my trials though. Ixia finished packing our things with a smile as I placed the hairpin charm back in my hair.

"Princess, are you ready?" Ixia asked. I smiled lightly as I nodded. Over these years, I'd perfected my grace under pressure. The real tests to what I learned were coming soon. Ixia and I walked to the entrance of the school where our masters were waiting to send everyone off.

"Princess!" Alexander yelled from behind me. I turned and smiled slightly as he caught up to me.

"Princess, don't forget to write me," he reminded me.

"Where are you going from here?" I asked.

"Imperial Guard. I'll be under Heavenly General to continue my training. Where are you going?" He asked.

"Goddaughter!" I heard Tase call me. I smiled as I turned to see him come to stand beside me.

"Godfather!" I said happily. It was good to see him again. He took my hands in his before petting my head gently.

"You've grown up a lot since I saw you last, Little Flower. You're a High Immortal already," he said as he looked me over. I chuckled before moving his hand gently.

"Godfather, this is Alexander, the son of the Water Immortal," I introduced the two. Alexander bowed to Tase in respect.

"Alexander pays respect to Second Prince of Heaven," he said.

"And he is..?" Tase quirked an eyebrow in confusion. I saw the overprotectiveness beginning.

"Alexander is my friend. When I was in the Warrior faction, we often trained together. He's headed for the Imperial Guard," I explained.

"If 'you-know-who' ever found out about this," Tase started.

"We won't mention this. An immortal as old as he is and he's still got the jealousy of a teenage boy," I joked. Tase smirked before agreeing with me.

"Bye Princess," Ayana said as she came to join our little circle. Her eyes widened when she notices Tase. She curtsied hurriedly.

"Greetings, Second Prince," she said quickly.

"Forgo the formalities," he waved her off.

"Where are you going Ayana?" I asked. She smiled sweetly.

"Home, my father has a marriage prepared for me," she replied.

"Speaking of marriages, do you know who you're arranged to marry yet, Princess?" Alexander asked.

'This boy is asking for a beating from Yong,' Tase contacted me through thoughts.

"My godfather will be the one to arrange my marriage. I have no thoughts on the matter myself," I said to get off of the topic.

"I already have someone in mind," Tase said sternly before looking back to me.

"Let's go," he said. I said goodbye to my friends and masters before traveling back to Eternity Palace through the air with Tase.

"Things have changed around here since you left a thousand years ago," Tase warned as he walked me inside. A beautiful woman in a pale blue robe and dress stood in the front garden waiting for us.

"Greetings to Husband... goddaughter," the petite woman smiled softly. I looked at Tase in confusion.

"You were married while I was away?" I asked. He nodded once in confirmation.

"Meet the Western Sea Princess, Zinnia, my wife and you're godmother. When I told the Heavenly Emperor about adopting you, he insisted having a motherly figure in your life as well. It was inappropriate for an unmarried man to adopt on his own," Tase explained.

"You must be tired from the journey. I prepared snacks in the main hall and your room has been prepared," Zinnia said sweetly. She seemed like a kind woman. Ixia went to put my things away before I followed Zinnia and Tase back to the main hall.

"I'm Aivi. It's so nice to meet you," I said to Zinnia as she poured tea for us.

"Tase's 'Little Flower'. I've heard so much about you. If you don't mind, from now on, I am also your godmother. I'll work with Tase to take care of you," she said softly. Her voice was melodic and sweet. Her smile was warm and sincere. I stood and curtsied deeply to her.

"Thank you, godmother," I said out of respect. She stood as well and held my arms to get me to stand up straight.

"That's not necessary. As I am now married to the Second Prince, it's only right that I help share his burden and take care of things he cares about. Plus, you can help me become a better mother for when the time comes," she said cheerfully. I smiled at her as I held her arm as well.

"You would be the first motherly figure I've ever had," I admitted. She touched my cheek gently as Tase chuckled.

"I worried for nothing. It looks like you two will get along just fine," Tase joked.

"After we're done here, there's someone you need to visit before he comes here to cause a scene," Tase added. I smiled knowing exactly who he was referring to. We finished the snacks before Tase took me to Serenity Palace. The fairies we're bustling around when we entered, but I didn't see Yong anywhere. I walked ahead of Tase and to Yong's study. As soon as I entered, an energy lifted me off the ground. I quickly broke it with my own energy before pulling my sword from inside my body. I knew that it was just Yong wanting to play. He came from around the corner with his own sword and pressed it against mine. I smiled before making my sword disappear. Yong put his away before pulling me into a hug.

"It's been too long without you," he said softly as he held my head against his chest. As I tried to pull away, Yong pulled me into a kiss. I pushed against him but he wasn't letting go. With Tase standing right behind me, I was embarrassed.

"Yong, the door is open," I said when he finally let me breath. Yong cradled me in his arms with determination.

"I don't care," he said seriously. I zapped him with a little of my internal energy and placed myself back on my feet. He held his chest as a look of pain crossed his face. My smile fell as I rushed to his side.

"Yong, don't scare me. I didn't use that much energy," I said as I guided him to the edge of the spare bed in his study.

"I'll go get the imperial physician," Tase said before he left the room. I sat next to him and prepared to use my energy for a body hunt to see where he was hurt when I was flipped on to my back. I gasped at the sudden movement and looked up to see Yong smirking as he hovered over me.

"I've missed you... so much," he said softly before bringing his lips to mine gently. My hands touched his face gently as I kissed him back. After he calmed down, he pulled away to smile at me.

"This is inappropriate. We're not married," I said as a blush crept into my cheeks.

"Who told you to leave me for a thousand years," he countered.