Sign ups and first fight

Thud! Bang! Crash!

"What the quiznak is that?!" Keith yelled as he sat up, knife outstretched. Amity had done the same, albeit groggily and didn't yell anything. Ida immediately stood up and took a defensive stance. Hiccup just hid under the covers, used to this by now.

"What's going on?" Elizabeth asked, coming out, curiously worried. Hiccup groaned as his dragon roared.

"Do you know what's going on?" Amity asked him.

"Yes," he answered, getting up. "I just thought I'd have a little longer to sleep." Another roar. "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming!" He called as he left. Through the door, they could see the dragon trying to get Hiccup to play with him. Keith groaned and laid back down, hoping that this wasn't going to be a daily thing.

. . .

"Hey Ika," Phoenix said, sitting across from him. The Great Hall was a decent sized area with picnic tables lined in threes. The smell of bacon and eggs filled the air. Ika waved slightly, then went back to eating. "Did you hear what happened in the dragon cabin?"

"How could I not?" Ika replied. "That stupid roar echoed throughout this place. I could hardly get back to sleep."

"I'm not taking about this morning. I'm talking about what happened last night."

"What happened last night?"

"Meliodous snuck into our cabin," Amity said, sitting down next to Ika. Luz sat next to Phoenix.

"I wanted to say it," Phoenix whined.

"Sorry."

"What? Why?" Ika asked, showing a smidge of confusion.

"Apparently to see Elizabeth," Amity explained, using air quotes.

"Stupid pervert," Phoenix scoffed.

"He won't last a week without getting beat up," Ika agreed. The conversation carried on, but Luz couldn't focus on it. She was busy watching the sign ups near the back of the hall. And when Eda and Lilith were near, she made her move.

"Um, I'll be right back," Luz said.

"Back from what?" Phoenix asked.

"Luz?" Amity asked. But she had only to glance to see where she was going, and face palmed.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Edalyne?" Lilith asked as she wrote her name down.

"You bet," Eda said as she did the same. "Just try and last long enough to fight me."

"Same to you." Luz waited until they had walked a little ways away, then proceeded to sign up. Or would have, were it not for the orange glow around the pen, lifting it up.

"Hey!" She cried and jumped to try and get it.

"Luz," came the stern voice of Eda. Luz turned around slowly.

"Eda! Hey, uh, I was- I was just looking to see who signed up."

"And sign up yourself, right?" Luz glared.

"So what if I am?!" Everyone in the hall was watching by now. Luz had her hands on her hips and stood as tall as she could. Eda didn't look impressed.