Break the Rules

Hope woke up happy that morning, it has been a long time since she felt as happy as she did that day. It was as if a great weight had been lifted from her shoulders. So she got up from her bed with a big smile as she got ready for her magnificent day.

"Good morning handsomes" greeted Landon and Rafael when she found them in the common room. She sat next to her boyfriend and took the croissant from his hand "sweet, sweet carbs" she said, taking a piece of it.

Both boys looked at her in confusion, they had never seen Hope Mikaelson so happy.

"Somebody is in a very good mood" Rafael was the first to say something about it.

"mmh. Just woke up on the right side of the bed, I guess" Hope said as if it was no big deal.

"For the first time ever?" Landon joked looking at his girlfriend, he knew there was something wrong with her.

"You're so funny. I love that about you" she laughed pushing her boyfriend slightly.

Their strange talk was interrupted by the Saltzman twins; this was their first day of school after they returned from Europe.

"Good morning Rafael" Lizzie greeted with a smile.

"Hi, how was your trip?" asked the wolf in an uncomfortable way.

"Excellent, thank you" Josie replied. "And welcome back, Landon" she said to the boy next to Hope.

"Didn't you vote me out?" he said seriously.

"That's all in the past" replied the blonde twin defending her sister. "Now, is everyone as excited as I am about tonight?"

"What's happening tonight?" Landon asked.

"The school's annual talent show, all factions compete" Hope explained to Landon and Rafael "You know, the witch performance wouldn't be the same without you two" She said to the twins.

"Thank you" said Josie

The sound of a bell was heard, along with Alaric's voice.

"If I could have your attention. Last night we were able to capture a monster here on the grounds. We have everything under control. But given this potential danger, it is with a heavy heart that I must postpone the talent show. Hopefully, we'll be able to reschedule this... unique event... at a later date. A much, much later date" the director finished the statement.

"Kind of overkill if you ask me. I told your dad that a unicorn barely counts as a monster" Hope tell to the twins.

Both twins rolled their eyes in annoyance. Hope just smiled at them before hugging her boyfriend.

Moments after Tribrid was going to her next class with Rafael and Landon when the announcement bell rang.

"Good news, friends. The talent show is going on as previously scheduled" Lizzie's voice reported.

Landon started laughing, annoying Rafael.

"So, Lizzie's acting weird" Landon commented to his brother.

"She's not the only one" Rafael said, pointing to Hope.

"Babe. We should do a talent" Hope said out of nowhere.

"what? You and me?" Landon asked surprised by the turn of things.

"I have never wanted to before because I would have had to do it alone" She explains "and now I have you. And we make up our own faction. The tribrid and you " She hug him

"Yeah, all right, yeah. Team other" agreed Landon kissing Hope, they kissed for a few moments until Hope remembered she had a class.

After her class, some witches invited Hope for a smoothie, the girl accepted with a smile. They went for their smoothies and sat on the stairs to joke around.