Family

Hope nervously stood in front of the laptop. With a sigh, she hits a key and waited for it to connect with her family.

"Hope?" she hears the voice of her uncles and aunts.

"I need to tell you something" her words were strong, but her body trembled with fear, because these were the words that would seal her fate and change her life, no matter the outcome. "I'll be a mother"

She thought of Josie and how she promised she would do this. She would do this quickly and find her later to eat.

Her knock was hesitant against the wooden surface and she tilted her head, listening to the soft moan and sound of shuffling feet. Josie opened the door, leaning against the edge, as she asked, her voice a little husky from sleep.

"Hope, what are you doing here?"

She raised her excuse, trying to smile.

"I brought you your herbal tea"

The brunette's eyes softened, telling her that she saw right through her, took the cup, opening the door for her to pass. She enters noticing that the blonde's bed was made.

"And Lizzie?"

"I spend the night with MG"

Hope nodded, turning to her. Josie's hair was a little curly around her face, tangled from sleep, she was also wearing the I Love NOLA hoodie that Hope gave her and shorts, she had one hand resting on her belly. Her breath caught at the sight of her, soft and warm in the sunlight streaming across the room.

She sat on the bed, taking a sip of her tea.

"I thought we'd meet later for breakfast."

"I couldn't sleep" Hope admitted looking down at the floor.

She heard her approach and a smile shot from the corner of her mouth as the fluffy slippers came into view. Josie cupped her jaw, the touch of her hand against her face soothed her and she inhaled, absorbing the scent from her, memorizing it. She lifts her eyes to meet the familiar browns.

Josie looked into her eyes as she ran her thumb across the tribrid's cheekbone.

"nothing?"

Hope shook her head slowly. Sleeping had been impossible the night before. All she could think about is how her family would react to the news, she didn't want to disappoint them. It's true that Freya had reacted well, but she couldn't expect the same from others. Her eyes fell on Josie. She didn't want any problems she might have with her family to affect Josie in any way. She wanted to tell her everything she meant to her, wanted to take care of her. She had to tell her before something happened.

"Josie, I ..."

Her finger covers her lips, stopping the words and shook her head. Instead, Josie hug her.

"Everything will be fine; we'll see you later"

Hope hugged her fiercely, hoping she was right.

"I'll see you later"

"WHAT?" Rebekah was the first to break the awkward silence.

Kol just looked at her, until Davina slapped him on the arm to say something.

"This was not something we expected, dear niece"

"I thought they were taking good care of you at that school, Alaric and Caroline will listen to me" said Rebekah a little annoyed.