Figures

Hope was lying on the bed, her eyes showed no emotion, she didn't see the ceiling, but a hospital room, hearing the warning in her head over and over again.

To overcome this, you must avoid stress at all costs. Your pregnancy is very fragile at the moment and anything can happen.

Her heart contracted at the memory, she exhaled hard. No matter how long she lived, she knew she would remember that day until the end of time. How could you forget the day someone told you that your baby was unlikely to live long enough to hold it?

She had to talk to Josie, she had to take her to Freya, but she also knew that she had to wait until Josie was stronger to receive any news that her aunt could give them. She just needed to rest first, she repeated it to herself over and over again since they had left the hospital.

She had wanted to believe it, and she supposed Josie did too, but she didn't stop the fear that clouded them both.

She stood up and went to her closet to find what she would wear for the day. She left her room with a sad smile, she looked at the corridors decorated for the Valentine's party that would be held tomorrow. Lizzie's voice reminded her all the reasons why she should go.

You have to show the Hobbit that you've move on and what is most important to yourself.

It seemed as if everyone she loved was destined to abandon her at some point and she would be left alone with the memories of happier times.

After a particularly rough day, running into Landon in various classes hadn't been easy, much less seeing one of the witches flirt with him.

She walked down the hall when she saw Josie walking into her room.

"Hey" she greet the brunette.

"Hi, I thought you forgot about me. I mean, I haven't heard from you all day" Josie joked, letting her into her room.

Hope found herself smiling at the witch. They had reached a new understanding in their friendship. She had gotten so used to talking every night. At first it was just to see her and make sure she was okay. But she began to enjoy their conversations, which soon began to change. She would tell her what she had done that day and Josie would just listen to her carefully. The brunette in turn commented on how she felt or whatever Lizzie tried to include her in.

"Oh yeah, my incredibly interesting day," Hope teased, as she flopped into the chair next to Josie's bed.

"What can I say, it's been boring lately" Josie laughed "Really, how are you?"

"I've been better, how are you?"

"Lizzie caught me throwing up today," she said softly.

"What did you say to her?"

"Something about dinner had made me sick, I don't know if she believed it"

"Wait, isn't that what you said to MG days ago?" Hope asked.

Josie winced as she realized her mistake.

"Yeah, let's hope they don't share that information or Lizzie will tell dad"

Silence stretched between them, uncomfortable for the first time.

"are you going to the party?" Hope asked, remembering the valentine's party.

"No, with everything that happened yesterday, I just want to rest," said the brunette lying on her bed.

Her words fuelled fear within Hope.

"Josie, how do you really feel?"

Josie gave a big sigh.

"I'm following the orders my aunt Elena gave me, Hope" her voice softened "we'll get through this and everything will be fine"