Surprise

"Is mom in New York?" Lizzie asked excitedly.

"Yes and she wants you to join her this week," Alaric explained to his daughters.

"all week?" Josie asked, she was dying to see her mother, but it felt a little bad to be separated from Hope.

"Come on, sister, I think you can be away from your puppy for a few days" the blonde smiled sweetly towards her sister.

"Lizzie ..." Josie warned with red cheeks.

"I already booked your tickets, it'll be out in a few hours so get ready," Alaric said without paying attention to Lizzie's teasing.

Both girls left their father's office, Lizzie practically ran towards some witches to show off her next trip to New York, leaving the brunette to walk alone to her room.

She felt like Lizzie was mad at her, but she still didn't know why, deep inside her she hoped this trip to see her mother would help with that.

When she got to her room she took out her suitcase and started packing, then she heard the sound of the door opening.

"Hey, I saw you come in so I decided to stop by and say hi ..." Hope stopped when she saw her pack. She tries to mask the unease with a joke. "I didn't know the idea of going out with me was scary enough to make you run away"

Josie smiled at her, it was a small smile, but it eased the agitation on her face and the worry inside her tribrid.

"Very funny, Hope"

She walked over to the brunette who was still putting clothes in the suitcase.

"Or is it just the idea of the festival that makes you run?"

"none. Mom is in New York and wants to see Lizzie and me" She explains.

"Oh, so it means the festival idea is cancelled"

Josie stopped packing and stood in front of the tribrid.

"If you think you're going to get out of this just because I'm going out of town for a few days, you're wrong"

A big smile appeared on Hope's face.

"So, are you going to return in time?"

The brunette nodded and bit her lip shyly.

" Will you miss me?"

Hope's eyes look into Josie's brown ones, she knew she should give her the light answer that the brunette expected, but she couldn't help but answer honestly.

"always"

Nervous, Josie looked back into those blue eyes and a shy smile appeared on her lips.

"I'll miss you too, Hope"

They looked at each other for a moment, until Josie's phone snapped them out of their trance. The brunette checked her phone.

"Dad saying that the car is in the entrance so that we can put the suitcases inside" She looks at Hope's sad smile "the sooner I go; the sooner I'll be back" she said closing the suitcase.

Josie was going to take her suitcase, but Hope stepped forward and took the suitcase for her. The brunette was surprised and then smiled at her.

"thanks"

They both left the room meeting the blonde at the door.

"Tell dad I'm coming down in a few secs, I'll pack quickly" the blonde said running inside.

"We'll wait at least an hour," Josie said to Hope, smiling.

The auburn girl carried the brunette's suitcase to the car and put it in the trunk.