two

⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆

On the following day, Athena found herself completely lost in the halls of Tribeca Prep.

Being the new girl was never easy.

She frowned, checking her class schedule for what felt like the hundredth to make sure she was reading it right.

Chemistry Lab, it said.

She looked around again, trying to locate herself in the empty hallway, when she heard steps.

"Athena?" Max Russo's voice rang through her ears.

She turned around and her face relaxed in relief. "Oh, thank God." She mumbled.

"Are you okay?" He asked with a small grin, trying to mask his nervousness for being around a pretty girl.

"I'm completely lost." She dropped her hand holding the timetable to her side. "This place is like a freaking maze." The girl complained.

Max snorted, holding out his hand. "Let me see your timetable." She handed it to him, their fingers brushing as she gave him the paper sheet.

The Russo boy cleared his throat as Athena looked down at her feet while scratching her neck. He lowered his gaze to the paper sheet.

"Oh, you have chemistry lab with me." He looked up at her. "Come on, I was heading there too."

She nodded, following him. "Thank you."

He gazed at her. "No problem." He tried to play it cool, but inside tried to control his nerves, wiping his sweaty palms on his jeans.

When the two entered the classroom, all of the other students were already there. The teacher, Mr Logan, was standing next to the board and his eyes traveled to where Max and Athena stood.

"Oh, so you two finally decided to show up!" He said sarcastically.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I was lost and Max was just helping me-"

"I don't wanna hear it." He shushed her and turned to Max. "Russo, take your seat."

Max rolled his eyes and went to his usual seat in the back of the class, noticing his lab partner wasn't there as usual.

"You." He pointed a finger at Athena, who shifted on her feet. "Introduce yourself, new girl."

She turned to the class, her palms sweating and her mouth getting dry. "Uh, my name is Athena. Athena Jones. I'm from Washington, D.c." she paused. "Yeah..." She mumbled, turning to the teacher.

"That's good enough for me." Mr Logan shrugged. "Take a seat." He pointed at the class with a thumb, turning around to go back to writing on the board.

Athena frowned. "Every seat is taken." She informed the teacher.

He threw her a lazy look that said 'does it look like I care?'