seven

⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆

"So, the first time that I turned I was in London. What can I do but dash into a building, where I found myself in the middle of a dog competition. I jumped through hoops, walked in circles and accidentally won Best in Show." Mason told the story of his first transformation into a werewolf.

"You'd be best in any show." Alex patted his head.

After receiving a unexpected call from Alex, who just kept screaming into the phone that Mason was a werewolf while Harper couldn't decide if she laughed or cried at the news, Athena decided to just go to the Russo's to see what was going on. So at the moment, the blonde found herself at her friend's living room with all the Russos (except for Max and Justin, who she thought must've been trying to find Juliet), Mason and Harper while the Greyback boy told them about being a werewolf.

The girl had to control herself not to pat his head and scratch behind his ear like she used to do with dogs.

"Well, Mason, you seem like a fine young man-wolf who respects and cares for Alex... and if you don't, I'll hunt you down like a dog and..." Mr Russo offered Mason a maniac smile. "well, you get the picture." Mason gulped.

"I-I won't forget that, sir." He nodded hesitantly before turning to Alex with a frightened expression. "Does he like me?" The Russo girl just nodded, Jerry making himself comfortable on the couch next to Mason and placed an arm around his shoulders.

"Hey! Hey, guys, check it out. Mason's a werewolf." Alex blurted out as her brother stepped into the living room

"Oh, my gosh, that's awesome!" Max mused as he and Justin approached the group on the couch. "Now I'm not gonna be the only one who likes to eat out of a bowl on the floor." He placed his arms akimbo and snorted.

They all frowned at Max, but decided to ignore it. "Ok, Justin, take your best shot." Alex got up from her seat and directed herself to her older brother. "You can pay me back for all the times I've bagged on all your Wizard World girlfriends." Justin remained in silence. "Remember? That one time I asked if I could ride your centaur girlfriend to school?" Athena let out a chuckle at that.

Justin sighed. "Alex, I'm happy that you found happiness in a relationship, no matter what species he is. What's important is that you're with someone." The Jones girl fought every muscle in her body to not glance to the boy standing next to her with an arm around her waist for support. Little did she knew that Max was already staring down at her by the corner of his eyes. "Max, Athena, even Aaron, and I have looked everywhere for Juliet and I can't find her." The oldest Russo brother fought back his tears. "I've lost her forever to the Mummy."

Athena bit her lip. "I think it's time for me to give up." He started to walk away to his room, but Alex held him by his hand.