⚓︎ 𝙏𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 ⚓︎

I had finally made it to the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey led me to a bed the moment I walked in. She was frantic, surveying my nose and face for any other damage.

She sat me on one of the beds and grabbed a warm cloth, gently padding it over my nose. "I'm fine, truly." I said quietly. Being tended to was not included in my worries; at that moment all I was thinking about is if I actually wanted to apologize to Bella.

"Well, I'm glad you're fine, but your nose isn't... Yet." She said patiently, giving me a soft glance. Her touch was light, calm, it gave me a sense of security; even in all this madness. "I'm going to go get one of my assistants, stay right there." She spoke while setting the cloth on the bedside table.

I nodded with a firm sigh, loosely touching my nose with my fingers. It was definitely bruised, but surely not broken.

As I was examining myself, a familiar blond head of hair appeared walking down the hallway. He was accompanied by Madam Pomfrey. They both walked all the way to my bed, then she started giving Draco commands.

"Wait. He's the assistant?" I practically choked on air. Firstly, I was concerned Malfoy may break my nose even more. And secondly, how on earth does he manage to have a 'gentle nursing side' when all he wants to be is pure evil.

"Yes, Malfoy comes in every day halfway through his last class until three pm." She answered with a pat on his shoulder. "Now, tend to her whilst I take care of Bella." She said before walking off much further down the hallway.

I stared at Draco as he dipped the cloth into a bowl of warm water, effortlessly, swiftly. I had never seen him in a scenario where he wasn't being absolutely devious; so this nearly threw me off the charts.

"Lean back." He said strictly, holding the cloth up to my face. I did as commanded, tilting my head back slightly. He padded the cloth all along the bridge of my nose, with gentle and content strokes.

"I cannot believe you actually hit Bella." He said with a firm gaze, staring into my soul. Though his words sounded confused, concerned, I didn't mind. I liked to see see him concerned- frantic.

"I did. And I'd do it again." I answered firmly, reassuring him that I was, in fact, capable of taking care of myself. "So you're a nurses assistant, huh?" I said grimly, allowing a smirk to form across my lips.

He continued dabbing my nose with a sigh. "Only for credits." He said bluntly, looking over my face with worry. "You look miserable." He said with a small laugh.

A laugh. Something I had never heard- or even imagined- Malfoy to do. He's so inconsiderably evil I never pictured him to be anything but ruthless, cunning, just like his father is. It's bewildering, really.

"So you do laugh, huh?" I said slyly, watching him with a close eye as he continued to look over my nose area. He held my gaze for a moment, blue eyes looking into mine with not a single emotion in them. Then, he used the cloth again, breaking contact.

"When I want to, yes. But I think you just look so funny right now." He said with a sharp smile, trying to hold in his laughter. I lightly kicked him in the ankle, which only caused his expression to harden.

"Do that again and I may have to break your nose." His voice went back to the same, hard tone. But I liked him better this way. It was so odd to see him any other way- especially gentle and caring.

"I'd like to see you try." I said plainly, giving him my best grin. He raised an eyebrow, as if telling me to 'go ahead'. I sent my foot out to kick him again, but he used his free hand to grab my ankle.

Though I was wearing shoes, of course, I could feel his terribly firm grasp inching deeper into my skin every moment. "Don't do something you'll regret." He said mischievously, looking me dead in the eyes with a fiery gaze.