⚓︎ 𝙈𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙈𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙏𝙤𝙤 ⚓︎

I spent the next few weeks avoiding everyone and everything. I went to classes, of course, but I didn't even mark the existence of Esme or Draco— I guess you could say I was keeping a low profile.

After what had happened between Draco and I, I wasn't truly sure if I could ever face him again. His need for lust was so controlling I didn't really know what to say.

I had also apologized to Bella- but she didn't really seem to care that much. She was more focused on avoiding me at all costs then even noting my apology, so basically I had apologized to a brick wall, but hey, at least I did it.

And finally, the weekend rolled around. I had decided to go to the library and read some articles for my upcoming tests in Potions class.

I trailed through the library, weaving in and out of the shelves filled to the brim with books. It was empty, aside from a group of Slytherin girls laughing around with one another at one of the tables.

I had finally made it to section P, where all the Potions books were sorted. Lightly, I led my finger across the brim's of the books, feeling the texture. I landed on one in particular; History of Potions, and decided to grab it.

As I walked passed the group of Slytherin's, one of them decided it would be just splendid to trip me. She stuck out her foot, extended it so much that I was taken aback.

But, I hadn't seen it soon enough. My body prepared for impact as the wind knocked away from my lungs. My book has gone flying, and within a few moments, I had landed on the ground.

My head was throbbing, racing, and my vision went blurry for a few moments. Though I had hit the ground pretty badly, I wouldn't let them get the satisfaction of seeing me hurt.

Though wobbly, and somewhat not able to see, I stared at the girl who had tripped me. I wasn't surprised to see the smug face of Pansy staring at me with a grin. "Now, you can't just go falling, Y/n." She laughed, causing a chain reaction of giggles throughout the group.

I took a few slightly unguided and wobbly steps toward her, until the ends of our shoes touched. I reached out and grabbed the collar of her shirt, bringing her face closer to me. "You'll be sorry about that, Parkinson." I growled, using her collar to bring her closer to me.

Just as I heard Madam Pince's- the librarians- footsteps, I let go and stomped out of the library, my fingers curled into tight-knit fists. I had left the book on the ground, but I didn't care anymore. The next task for me was revenge.

I passed a few people I didn't know in the hallway, and all of them gave me surprised looks, like I had done something wrong. As I turned one of the corners, a Hermione spotted me from her group and ran over to me, touching my left cheek.

"Y/n, you're hurt again?" She exclaimed. When she placed her warm fingers onto my skin, it stung. I assumed there was some kind of cut, but I didn't want to admit it.

"Pansy." I growled, looking Hermione in the eyes. She nodded and linked my arm in hers, and from there, she guided- more like dragged- me to the hospital wing.

Once inside, she sat me on one of the beds and crossed her arms. "You need to stop making enemies." She said quietly, looking down at me as I looked up at her.

Just as I was about to reply, she waved to Madam Pomfrey to take care of me. Before I could say anything to Hermione, she left, vanished into the doorway of the hospital wing. I let out a sigh, then looked to the nurse before me.

"What was it this time?" She asked with a smile, filling up a blue bowl with hot water. She grabbed a cloth from inside the bedside table, then turned back to me.

"Pansy, she tripped me. But I have no idea what I did wrong." I admitted quietly, crossing my arms as I pondered the whole situation. She had no reason- other than jealousy- to be mad at me.

"Malfoy, come." The nurse raised a hand, yelling across the hall for Draco. I snapped my head to see where she was waving. He was dressed in a dark green sweater and dark pants, his blond hair standing out among all the color.

He walked over slowly, taking the place of Madam Pomfrey. He didn't look at me, or even say a word to me. He dipped the cloth into the bowl, rung it out, then faced me.

"Lean back." He stated firmly, just like he had a few days ago when I was stuck in here. I did as told, leaning my head back slightly. I tried not to look into his eyes, but it was hard not to when he's being so gentle and caring.

He brought the cloth up to my wound, placing it on the cut. It stung miserably. I jumped up and used my hand to grab his- the one that was mending me. But soon I realized that was a foolish mistake.

I dropped my hand and blinked profusely a few times. "Just take deep breaths." He said plainly, guiding the cloth onto my wound once again. I did as told, focusing on my breathing.

It was much more bearable this time. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, while his slow and cold hands guided the cloth. I had forgotten it was Draco tending to me- that's how gentle he was.

"Draco," I said quietly, almost in a whisper. He stopped at once, pulling the cloth away from me. I opened my eyes, staring into his. "I'm sorry for the way I acted." I said sincerely, looking over his worried face.

"I am too." He replied evenly. An apology. This was an extremely rare occurrence. I almost asked if he was really Draco- but that would've ruined the whole thing, and anything else probably.

"Thank you." I said quietly, rising from the bed. I didn't realize how close he was upon rising, but when I reached my full height, I realized we were only centimeters apart, our noses were terribly close to touching.

His eyes were calm, cool, as they usually were. His pupils were enlarged, yet his skin still pale. I offered him a quaint smile before walking past him, all the way to the door. But this time, I didn't look back, I just left.