⚓︎ 𝘼𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙙𝙤𝙩𝙚 ⚓︎

We stared at one another for a long while, just like that. Laying next to the fireplace, my hand on his chest, his rhythmic breathing pulling me to sleep. We chatted about this and that, but mostly about our life after Hogwarts.

"If you didn't want to follow me, what would you like to do?" I asked in a soft spoken tone. He blinked slowly for a few moments, processing what exactly he was going to answer.

"Well, if my father didn't exist, I'd want to work in the Ministry of Magic." He answered with the same tone as I did. I nodded with a smile, then turned toward the fireplace. Sleep was finally beginning to consume me.

I wedged myself between Draco's body and the fireplace. It was actually quite comfortable, despite being on the floor. Soon enough, the sound of a crackling fire and the shallow breath of Draco was enough to put me to sleep.

I woke up with a silent yawn, stretching my body along the blanket. I turned to where Draco would be, but he had vanished.

I rose up from the blanket, looking around the room. He was no where to be found. I walked up to the dormitories— nothing. I walked into the bathrooms- nothing. The only explanation was that he had left the common room completely.

Quietly, I opened the door, stepping out into the hallway. I looked right, and then left, but what I spotted was absolutely miserable.

Draco was standing next to one of the walls of the hallway, and beside him, Pansy. But what I heard coming from his lips was even more unbelievable.

"I am so madly in love with you, Pansy." Draco said- more like growled. His words were slurred, almost like he was so frantic to say what he was thinking he didn't care how mushed together his words sounded.

I just stood in the doorway, mostly in denial, but I also wanted to hear what else he had to say, so I could use his words against him when the time came to.

"I feel as though I cannot be separated from you, I want to be next to you every waking moment." He yelled, almost as if he was giving a presentation.

My heart dropped. This couldn't be possible. Draco wouldn't do this, would he? In the previous years he has been known to, well, play other girls, but I thought we actually had something serious, something worthy of his actual commitment, but apparently not.

I slammed the door and stomped up to the dormitories. The only person who'd be willing to talk to me right now is Hermione— since technically she really is my only friend.

She was already awake, combing through her locks of brunette hair. "Y/n, what is it?" She asked with a concerned expression. My fists were clenched, my posture slouched, and my eyes looked like they could dagger someone.

"Draco. He just confessed his love for Pansy right before my eyes." I hissed, anger fierce in my voice. He had no right to do such a thing, no right at all. Especially when just last night we were planning our future together.

"What?" Hermione exclaimed, jumping up from her bed. She threw the hairbrush onto her comforter then walked past me, her fingers also curled into fists. I walked after her.

She opened the door and we both stood like statues in the doorway. "Draco, this was a mistake." Pansy said bluntly, sincerity dwelling in her voice. Draco shook his head, as if saying no.

"Pansy, you don't understand. I love you." He announced, holding the word love as if it means the world to him. Pansy sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose for a moment, then spoke.

"Y/n is going to kill me." She breathed, not even looking at Draco. She looked toward the ceiling, pinching her nose. I could feel anger grab every bone in my body, every cell, every muscle. It was taking everything I had not to run over and rip off all her hair.

"Don't worry about her, Pansy, we will get through it together." He spoke again, words slurred. He sounded like a widowed woman trying to grasp the attention of a rich suitor— desperate.

"That's it. I'm going to kill that bitch." I growled to Hermione. Then, without a moments notice, I was dashing over to Pansy, my fists ablaze, ready to hit her right in the face.

Hermione yelled something along the lines of "wait", but I was already pounding my fist into he nose. I may be in deep trouble for this, but I didn't care.

Pansy fell to the ground, and Draco yelled something I couldn't hear. My fist soared into the bridge of her nose, and I used my other hand to hold her down. I was hovering over her, probably looking like some kind of demonic creature.

Just after I got in my second punch, Hermione grabbed me off of Pansy. My arms were still flailing and I was yelling for her to let go, but after I saw Pansy's bloody nose I stopped trying to get out of her grasp.

"Y/n listen! It was a love potion— Amortentia. Pansy used it on him, that's the only reason he's saying all this!" Hermione said, out of breath. Her hands were still wrapped around me, but as I stopped fighting, her grip loosened.

I turned to Pansy, who had her hands covering her face, still on the ground. "She's right. I did make an Amortentia, but it was a mistake— just a foolish prank." She spoke with gritted teeth, pain controlling her words.

I wasn't too sure of what to do. I had just bloodied Pansy, watched Draco confess his love but not confess his love, and Hermione run to my rescue.

"Let's start making the bloody antidote." I said with an angry tone. I left Pansy on the ground, but as I passed her, I hovered over her for a moment. "If anyone asks, you fell." I said plainly. She nodded then scurried up and toward the hospital wing.

I grabbed Draco's arm and dragged him to the potions classroom. Through he obviously was dying to follow after Pansy, it was quite difficult to manage him. Both Hermione and I had to hold onto one of his arms.

Soon enough, we reached the classroom. And since the weekend was still present, we were able to work in peace... Alone. Hermione commanded me to grab this and that, and Draco sat dazed in a chair.