⚓︎ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙪𝙡𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙩 ⚓︎

I had spent the entirety of the day lounging around the Malfoy house, peeking into rooms, snacking on this and that, staring at the walls. But finally, boredom was beginning to become all too familiar.

Draco had went upstairs to nap, but left his journal on the coffee table. I may have taken a slight- very slight- peek into it and read a few entries.

It was utterly indescribable; the feelings that bubbled inside of me when I read his words. Delight, gloominess, and even adoration. They gave me an insight to what goes on in that crazy mind of his.

But, there I was again, staring up at the ceiling while laying on the couch. The sun was beginning to draw below the horizon. I turned my head to see Draco entering the living room, staring out one of the windows.

"How was your nap?" I asked with a grin, reclining my head back on the arm of the sofa. He looked at me with a joy in his eyes— definitely a very rare sight to behold indeed.

"It was surprisingly good. Usually I don't really sleep, but I did, and I've never felt better." He flashed an easy smile, but that was quickly washed over by a frown.

"What is it?" I asked him, knitting my brows together in concern. I could tell something was bothering him, something he didn't want to tell me.

"The culprit was found." He said with an even tone, breaking eye contact. I sat up a little bit, but, kept my gaze on him. This was a big deal. It means we'd finally be able to return to Hogwarts and resume classes.

"It was my father." He answered cooly, finally allowing his eyes to meet mine again. My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach. His eyes were full of worry— as were mine. It was his father. I remained confused, but not surprised.

"Where was he keeping them?" I asked quietly, picking my head up from the sofa. I leaned back onto the cushion, stretching my feet out onto the wooden floor below.

"In the depths of the school, the dungeons, far beneath the Slytherin common room." He answered with a pang of sincerity in his voice. I tried to give him a smile— comfort— but he refused to look at me.

"Draco, you're not your father. This isn't your fault." I said soothingly, in hope of giving him some reassurance. But it didn't seem to work, in fact, nothing in that very moment seemed to work at all.

He left the room for a few moments, disappearing into the hallway. And when he came back, he held a pair of dark brown plaid pants, ones that looked like they could fit me.

"I went to Hogsmeade last night and got these." He held them out to me. I took them with a smile. "Thank you." I said, rising from the sofa. He nodded and watched- very closely, as I slipped on the pants.

"It's hard to change when there's someone watching you." I noted to him as I pulled the pants over my waist. I buttoned them and zipped them up, tucking the sweater into the waistband.

"Shall we?" He asked, holding out an arm. I walked over to him and linked my arm into his. He took out his wand and casted the same spell he used to get us here.

Within moments we were in the Hogwarts courtyard, where we had vanished from last night. Students were everywhere, some frantic, some laughing, and some chatting with one another. I smiled and breathed in the scent of Hogwarts. It sure does smell like home.

I parted ways with Draco after saying goodbye and headed to the Gryffindor tower, the moment I walked in, I was hit with the refreshing scent of a warm fireplace and gingerbread candles.

Hermione ran into my arms the moment I stepped inside, cradling me into a tight bear hug. "Y/n! Oh my goodness!" She practically yelled into my ear. I smiled back, lifting my hands to her back.

She tucked her head into my shoulder, giving me a few pats on the back, before exiting from the hug. "Who's sweater is that?" She asked, looking down at the dark wool sweater I wore.

For a moment I debated if I should be truthful or not, but since Hermione is my best friend, I knew I couldn't lie to her. "It's Draco's." I said quietly, giving her a half-smile.

She was definitely taken aback for a moment, then smiled at me. "You know what? If he makes you happy, I say go for it!" She exclaimed, hands resting on each side of my shoulder.

I had to think on it for a moment, debating if he truly does make me happy or not. And to be honest, I think he does... Even if I'm not always happy with him.

"So much has happened. So, Ron and Esme broke up, at the ball." She explained to me as we walked toward the dormitories. I felt my jaw drop open and my eyes widen. She couldn't possibly be telling the truth... Right?

"And, well, Ron and I have grown closer. But not so much in that way. We're becoming better friends again." She said with a smile on her face. She blushed while even talking about him.

I could tell by the way she spoke about Ron that she truly fancies him. "If you like him that's great, Hermione... As long as you have time for me, of course." I replied as we got up to the dormitories.

She smiled and nodded and we went inside. Some of the girls were already asleep, and a few were chatting. I got changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants then climbed into bed.

The moment I hit the mattress I was already suffocating in my own pool of thoughts. Draco, Esme, myself, but of course, mostly Draco.

No matter what, he always seems to be on my mind, even when I don't want to think about him.