⚓︎ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙅𝙪𝙙𝙜𝙚 𝙍𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙨 ⚓︎

Draco's punches were full of anger, all jabbing Jared in his face. Blaise was punching the other guy, and the other one had run out of the common room.

I stood still, silently, in fear. Draco was yelling, cursing, words that I couldn't make out. He had pinned Jared to the ground, and Jared was screaming for help.

Finally, Draco had stopped, leaving the boy with a bloodied nose and bruised cheeks on the ground. He grabbed my sleep clothes from the couch then did the unthinkable.

He pulled me into a hug.

His cold hands wrapped around my back, bringing my closer to his chest. I accepted, allowing him to cradle me. He moved his hand from my back, pulling a piece of my hair behind my ear. I could tell he was sorry.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry that happened to you." He whispered into my ear, his voice full of an apologetic tone. I nodded into his shoulder, feeling a sudden burst of sadness overcome me.

We both said thank you to Blaise, then I went up into my dormitory and changed, then I came back down to the common room to talk to Draco. He was sitting on the couch, near the fireplace, hands tucked over his knees.

I took a seat next to him, feeling suddenly unbearable in my own skin. Those guys had made me feel so terribly about myself. But thankfully, Draco was there to take care of them.

A surge of sadness had overtaken me, and that was really all I could feel. I sat next to him, resting my head on his shoulder, watching the fire crackle and burn before us.

"How did you know to come?" I asked him, my voice soft. His hand moved to my back, rubbing the fleece of my shirt as he spoke to answer.

"Bella. She told me she had wanted Jared to do it, but she felt so terrible." He answered calmly, his hand rubbing my back in a circular motion.

I nodded. I was terribly surprised Bella would ever do such a thing, but she's so strong-headed I was also quite surprised to know that she had called it off by telling Draco. And frankly, I'm glad she did because Jared probably would've done some terrible things.

Jared had fled the room, hand grasping his nose as it poured with blood. Blaise took a seat across from us, cracking his knuckles as if he was still trying to assert dominance, but he was just reeling from his fight.

"Blaise," I said quietly, my eyes looking at him. He turned his head toward me, mocha skin glimmering from the essence of the fireplace. He tilted his head, brown eyes staring into mine.

"Thank you." I finished with a smile. He nodded, a spark of kindness in his eyes. I looked to Draco, who's blue eyes stared at the fire.

"Dumbledore will be calling us in soon. We should start going down there now." He said calmly, hand moving from my back. I nodded and allowed his hand to slip into mine, the coolness of his fingers tingling throughout my arm.

We walked in silence to his office, more focused on our punishment than anything. This would be my second offense, so Dumbledore would likely be much harsher on my punishment.

Blaise opened the door for us, and I thanked him. We walked into the empty room. Dumbledore was sitting at his desk, hands resting on top of the wood. I took a seat in one of the chairs, Draco and Blaise did the same.

"It has been brought to my attention that Y/n was harassed by Jared, William, and Isaac." He said soundly, eyes bursting with a pang of sadness. I nodded in response, pulling my eyes away from his.

"They have been suspended for two weeks. They may return after the two weeks only if they write you a hand-written apology. Bella will be writing one too." He spoke. The punishment they received was fair, in my opinion.

"As for you, Malfoy and Zabini, I understand it was in self-defense, and I thank you both for coming to Y/n's rescue. I don't know what would've happened if you two didn't show up." He said, allowing a sigh to slip from his lips after his words.

"Now," he rose from his chair. "Y/n, you can take the next two days off school to gather your strength once again, Malfoy and Zabini, I expect to see you in classes tomorrow." He spoke with a tone of dismissal.

I was utterly surprised by the fact I hadn't received a true punishment- only a quarantine in the common room. But I wasn't complaining.

I nodded and got up from my chair, feeling a slight twinge of guilt, considering my rescuers must attend classes tomorrow. But they both seemed to agree with his words.

Dumbledore led us out of his office and I thanked him, mostly for making sure Jared and his friends got a good punishment. Blaise slipped off back to the Slytherin common room, and Draco walked me all the way back to Gryffindor tower.

He stopped in front of the painting, staring at me with wandering eyes. "Looks like I'll have to shower with you next time to keep all the guys away." He flashed a grin, taking a step closer to me.

I chucked and nodded. It didn't sound so bad to have Draco in the shower with me. "I'm alright with that." I smiled, my cheeks growing red.

It feels good not to have to hate Draco, to be able to be vulnerable and emotional around him. He saved me today, and that's more than I've ever done for him. "Thank you." I whispered to him, before slipping into the common room.

He said something after me, but I didn't catch it. Instead, I climbed up the stairs to the girls dormitories, and slipped into my bed. All the other girls were already asleep; some of them snoring.

I pulled the comforter onto my body and allowed the warmth to settle into my skin.