twenty-four.

Saturday, March 14th, 2020

Danielle's POV

I walk outside with Jaine hearing the loud RV pull into the dirt driveway. I walk to the side door where Stefania is with bags of groceries. "Hey baby," I smile and grab some of the groceries. 

"You said you guys were going to get some groceries, not the whole store!" Jaina playfully yells. 

"You can thank Barrett for that," Stefania smiles and we head inside with groceries. We got it all in on one trip, Barrett went back out to lock the RV. Me, Stefania, and Jaina all help put the food away leaving what we need out. 

Stefania hands me chocolate and my heart flutters, "For me?" I smile and get excited going to eat it. 

"No, Bambina, not until after dinner!" she says taking the chocolate away from me knowing I'll probably still try and eat it. I put the drinks in the fridge and turn around to the countertop white.

Stefania's POV

I threw flour onto the counter so we all can neat our dough. "Jaina, Barrett, get in here if you want to eat!" I yell hearing footsteps come from the other room. "Wash your hands please, children," I smile and watch Danielle give a glare at me. 

They all fight over the sink, finally washing their hands. "Now everyone, watch after me," I say standing next to Danielle with Jaina and Barrett in front of me staring at my hand as I roll my dough on the countertop, handing the roller to Jaina. I neat the dough with my hands while Danielle watches in amazement. 

"Danielle, what are you staring at?" I laugh as she pokes her dough. 

"Uh," she manages to get out. Jaina passes the roller to Barrett. 

"You're doing it wrong, bella," I take her hands and neat the dough with her. Once she finally gets the hang of it I take my hands away and rest my chin on her shoulder. 

"Good job, Bella," I smile and back away. I grab the bowl of tomato sauce from behind me, putting it in the middle of us four. "Now, take a couple of spoons full of the sauce," I say putting sauce on my dough. 

I watch them all do what I do and then they add their ingredients. I put cheese and pepperoni and Danielle did the same. I pull out a tray and put our soon-to-be calzones in the oven. "Now we wait 50 minutes and we can eat," I smile and Jaina and Barrett walk away. 

Danielle walks up behind me and puts her arms around my waist. "Hi, bella," I jump a little to her touch. She places a kiss on my neck and I turn around. 

"Wanna sit in the hammock outside with me?" she asks me softly. 

"Yes, please," I smile and turn towards the living room. 

"Jaina can you come to get me when the oven goes off?" I ask and she nods her head. I grab Danielle's hand and walk outside to the Hammock right off the back porch that looks over the mountainside. I lay down in the hammock next to Danielle, she puts her arms around me and I put my head against her neck. 

"After this, I'm going to take you somewhere, just me and you," she smiles and I put my leg on top of her. 

"Where to?" I ask placing a kiss on the inside of her neck. 

"I'm not sure yet," she smiles and puts her hand on my leg, "but it will be fun," she kisses me. 

I lay there next to her watching the sun go down. I feel her hands come up the side of my body then stopping. I look down at her and she smiles. She starts tickling me, I start to kick and laugh loudly. She keeps on going until I wiggle on top of her. 

I straddle her waist and look down at her in her black sweatshirt. She rests her hands on my hips. I lean down leaving a kiss on her lips. I lift back up and look at the sun going over the mountain. I reach down and play with the strings to her sweatshirt. 

"Sei carino lo sai?"(you're cute you know?) I smile. 

"I still have no idea what you are saying," she laughs and bites her lip. I hear the backdoor open and see Jaina. 

"They are done," she says and heads back inside. I lean down and kiss her before trying to get out of the hammock. 

I safely get out of the hammock and help Danielle. We head inside and I look at the calzones in the oven. The light shade of brown on the outside meaning they are done. "Bella, can you get some plates out?" I ask and she gets four plates out. 

"Jaina can you come and help me," I ask politely and she walks over and grabs the pan from my hands setting them on the countertop. We grab our personal calzones and we all head to the table to have dinner together. I sit next to Danielle and dig into my dinner.

Danielle's POV

I wash everyone's plate putting them in the cabinet. I feel two arms wrap around my waist, placing a kiss on my neck. "Hi baby," I turn and look towards the living room where everyone else is. 

"Ciao," she whispers. 

I turn around and lock eyes with the Italian, "Are you ready to go play board games with the girls?" I ask placing a kiss on her lips. 

"Yeah," she lets out a deep breath. 

"What's wrong?" I ask her putting my hands in hers. 

"Hey Danielle, I'm going to head to bed earlier to rest for tomorrow," Jaina says from the other room heading to her room for the night. 

"Goodnight, Jaina," I yell looking for Barrett who is nowhere to be seen. 

I turn back to Stefania and continue what I was saying before. "So what's wrong Stef?" I ask sitting on the counter. 

"Can we talk about it later?" she asks, I can tell it's making her upset. 

"Yeah," I say pulling her close. 

"Do you want to go lay down?" I ask and she nods. I get off the counter and pick her up bridal style carrying her to our room. I gently lay her on our bed of the night and take the suitcases off the end of the bed. 

I crawl into the bed and she lays her head on my chest. I wrap my arm around her and rub her back. I hear her soft sniffle making me worried for her. "It's going to be okay, baby, it's going to be okay..."