Maybe it was just the idea/ One shot

Everything repeats

That had been what Izuku learned in his seven years of being a pro.

Every action
Every place
Every reason
Every person

They were all presets to be copied and pasted. It was as if some Deity had given up half way and decided to set things on loop.

Whether they realized it or not, people were fated to follow a path. A path that's been coded into their genealogy for centuries.

It was all the same thing

Over
And
Over

To put it bluntly, Izuku had grown bored.

After the end of All For One, things no longer interested him. Long gone were the days of adrenaline spikes and thrills.

Something had left him, abandoned him.

Without All For One he was stuck with the usual lower class villains.

Which wouldn't have been an issue, but without that missing piece he couldn't go on. He lacked the energy and will.

He wondered briefly if Toshi had ever been in the same situation but quickly realized that unlike him, Toshi had a drive.

A drive
A goal
A goal so much greater than his

To save the world with a smile on his face- what a joke.

He was a hypocrite, to complain about repetition when he himself was just a poorly copied Allmight. He hadn't even made it into the top 5 heroes.

He had been excluded for political reasons; reason none of the less.

It was pathetic
He was pathetic

Everyone else from 1-A had become so great. Momo, Kirishima, hell even Bakugou had earned awards for their heroics. The few who didn't follow through with heroism still made their way into the history books.

Then, there was Izuku, 25 years old and nothing more to show besides a missing arm, joint pain, and a fading quirk.

To think they had so much faith in him.

Toshi should have chosen Mirio, not some twerp he found under a bridge.

The endless battle between All For One and One For All was done. The remaining quirk had lost purpose as did it's user.

He was unneeded

So now, he sits, a washed up pathetic excuse for a hero drowning his regrets and worries in cheap hard liquor.

Bakugou developed a smoking habit, so what was so bad about his. Why did everyone look at him with such pity? Even Aizawa looked at him that way.

He had to, it was the only way to avoid the terrible burden of time that haunted him.

All those he couldn't save that day. Innocents lost in a muddle of quirk versus quirk. It was sad truly, but it was more than just that.

He had broken his childhood vows and promises.

It hurt.

He spun the glass around in his hand, eyes transfixed on the melting ice.

With a grunt of effort he stood up and paid his tab. He knew he was going to be kicked out in a few minutes. There was no use making a spectacle of himself.

He never allowed himself to get past the point of tipsy in a bar. The only time he went past the point of 'just taking the edge off' was in the protection of his own home. Away from the prying eyes of the public and media.

With a half hearted wave to the bartender he headed out the door.

Taking a moment he stopped and stared up into the now dark sky, admiring the stars. A sense of longing to hold of him. Two years ago he would have fired up his quirk and jumped his way through the rooftops to get home.

Now? Well, that was a different story. His quirk was too unpredictable, flaring in and out beyond control. There was no longer a controlled range. The percentiles had such great diversity that he couldn't trust if he was going to demolish a building or cause a small air blast.

He was lucky that nobody had picked up on the issue. If the media go their grubby hands on it, villains would be after him more than usual.

Izuku had debated on telling Toshi about the quirk troubles but he didn't want to bother the man with such trivial things.

Maybe he should take up Nezu's offer on that teaching position. It would be the perfect chance to get a forced retirement. He'd get to work with Aizawa so that was a plus.

To blend in with the oddities of U.A.

Such a lovely time, right? To fade back, disappear from society, and live a normal life. No longer have to put up with the overbearing hand of the government deciding what he had to do as a hero. What was right and wrong.

Maybe he wouldn't become bored of U.A. not immediately at least.

He just had to search

You know what, screw it, maybe it was the alcohol talking but for old times sake he might as well use the quirk one last time.

A small shimmer that had been absent from his eyes for so long returned as he powered up the quirk and let green lightning crackle around him.

Warmth

He felt warmth that he hadn't in a long time. It was a harmony between the stockpile of souls and memories.

The thought of the quirk returning may have crossed his mind but he knew it was nothing off the sort.

As he flew through the air from roof to roof it finally came clear.

This was the end

Not just for him and One For All but a true end, It was the end of a cycle. No longer did things have to repeat, a new age was beginning. His end was just the start of this.

A new generation free of the past

It was what the past users had wanted, yet he foolishly rejected it. This was a day of rest and peace. A day where they no longer had to worry of a looming threat.

The souls trapped inside One For All were free and deserved to be let go. Which was Izuku's exact intention.

For his final act as a hero would not be to benefit civilian lives or an appearance on TV.

NO

His final act was to let loose old, lost, and lonely souls to claim the freedom they had fought for so long ago.

The voices that filled his head were sweet and kind, thanking him. In their would be eyes, he had ended the cycle they suffered through. He had done what they couldn't.

One soul stuck around a little longer than the rest. She spoke of how she regretted leaving Toshinori so soon and wished for Izuku to tell him of how proud she was.

He did

What was surprising was that the warmth never left him. Maybe it was just his will returning. He didn't know but he couldn't complain.

Deku may not be back
But
Izuku was