Ayman's POV

Nervous is understatement, my hands were sweating soo much. I'm soo worried my brain is racing imagine if Uncle Yaqub says no.

"Beta, come on let's go now have you got the mithai. "Yeah mama I've got it". "Challo! Let's go, bismillah!!". Baba drove us there, my heart was beating like a drum.

Mama rang the doorbell, and Ahlam opened the door she greeted mama. I looked up and saw her, goodness me she looks absolutely awful, I wonder what's wrong with her. I hope she is okay. We walked in and sat in their living room. Baba and Uncle Yaqub started talking about the usual and I was left sitting there staring at the wall!

Ahlam started asking mama about where Luqman and Afiyah are. To be honest I think she's feeling as awkward as I am, if Luqman was here he would have at least brought some noise to break up the cringeness . Ahlam fled the scene to go and bring the food. The food was laid out it looked absolutely scrumptious. There was biryani, samosas, pakoras, chips, kebabs, chicken karahi and naan. My mouth was literally watering at the sight. I began eating and it was delicious.

Ahlam took all the plates and came back with dessert and desi chai. Oh em gee, the profiteroles were devine. I couldn't help myself I had to ask "the dessert is amazing, who made it?". "Ahlam made the profiteroles". Aunty Yasmin spoke. If all goes well today and Uncle Yaqub says yes to the rishta, Ahlam better make me these delicious desserts when we're married.

Mama and Aunty Yasmin went upstairs to go and look at a new suit Aunty Yasmin had brought. Which left me, baba, Uncle Yaqub and Ahlam in the room. Ahlam took one for the team and broke the silence by asking baba about his work.

Uncle Yaqub had started his question and my heart was racing like a formula one racing car. "Okay so long story short, your here to ask me for Ahlam's hand in marriage, yes?". "Yes uncle Yaqub" I replied. "Well beta if I'm honest I wouldn't be able to find a better husband for Ahlam, I have heard that you guys have been talking and that's fine by me. Ahlam seems happy and I have asked her if she would have any objections and she doesn't. I don't need to act like the big scary father in law because I've known you ever since you were a little child. Mashallah you have grown up to become a good man. So I am saying yes to this rishta. But you have to promise me one thing".

"Yes uncle whatever you want". "Beta you are going to treat my daughter with the utmost respect and keep her happy and smiling all the time. If she comes back to me crying I am not going to be as nice as I am now ok. Have I made myself clear". "Yes uncle Yaqub, crystal". "Beta you know marriage shouldn't be delayed, let Ahlam come back in and me and your dad will leave. Talk to her and discuss whatever you need to, and if both of you are happy and sure then you have my blessings.

I went out to pop to the loo, I had no clue where I was going. I spotted Ahlam leaving the kitchen, "As - salaamu alaykum, do you know where the toilet is, I need to make wudhu". "Yeah it just upstairs on the right, there's a blue towel by the sink to dry your feet with as well". "Okay jazakallah". I walked up the stairs and found the bathroom, I made wudhu quickly and went back to the living room, there was nobody in sight uncle Yaqub and baba had left.

Two minutes later, Ahlam walked in. I decided to cut to the chase and ask if she was okay because she didn't look well at all. Ahlam was pale as anything. "Ahlam are you okay? You really don't look well at all". "Ohh no don't worry I'm fine alhamdulilah".

She's such a bad liar but I decided to drop the topic. "Ahlam your baba has given me permission for the rishta. I just wanted to know whether your sure that you want to go ahead because I don't want us going in to this and regretting it later. For me I know that you are the one for me Alhamdulilah, you are everything that I could ask for in a wife. So I'm happy. What about you?".

"Alhamdulilah I feel the same way, I know this is right because I have prayed salatul Istikhara and I know, this is a good decision based on Allah Swt guidance".

"Okay now that's settled, your baba was saying to not delay things any longer than necessary, with regards to marriage. So enlighten me on what your dream wedding would be".

"Well I get anxious and socially awkward around lots of people soo my ideal wedding would be a little Nikkah in the mosque and maybe a pizza party in the garden, surrounded by family members".

Authors Note :

How was it guys?
Comment and let me know!

Vote? 🤷‍♂️

Till next time,
Allah Hafiz 💕