𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘

"School isn't for everyone" Your friend said with the uttermost confidence after they failed their test..again. They simply looked at the paper with the red markings and pushed it to the back of their mind. You wish it could be that easy but you felt the defeat reel in after you've seen your average had remained the same since the beginning of the school year and it was now closing on the final months for you. Your average, the high 87% or B although the B was a dream come true to your conspicuous friend, They remained optimistic about their studies in despite of constant failure. You decided not to deplete her mood with your "honor glooms".

"Are you staying after school for the Lock In?" The sudden phrase snapped you out of your little sulk session and began to listen to her continue to inform you. "We're throwing a Lock-In and Mr. Tanaka said it was okay for me to bring my Ouija board!" Oh fuck, You forgot, actually you are very forgetful about social gatherings because you'd rather not get involved with crowds of people so in a way you thought quietly to yourself--Did I really forget? "No way! You know I don't like Creepy Shit! Tomorrow is going to be a full moon that adds on to the creepiness factor!" Your loud outburst drew the attention of the people who were flooding into the room for night school studies, people were now staring at you so gathering your bag and turned away from the crowd. In an awkward shuffle started to walk away from your friend in a distressed hurry after you quickly said goodbye to them.

You were walking alone outside of your schools doors greeted by the constant reminder of allergy season or beautiful blooming flowers as others would call it. After being in a classroom with artificial lighting it felt good to smell crisp air and see a shining sun, You sighed because these were the thoughts you would not let anyone else in on. The cellphone in your pocket began to vibrate as the text message from your neighbor popped up: 

"You should learn how to put your trash can away or you'll attract flies, and you have three weeks of mail PILED up..seriously do you even know personal hygiene?"

 You let out a tired sigh because they gave you a very hard time when you made the slightest slip up, since you lived alone you found it quite intrusive they forgot they were just a neighbor. 

"No bother on texting them back" 

you were already dreading to trudge back home because you missed the subway already.

You were already off school grounds before you knew it and found yourself dwelling with civilians now. You liked it this way, no loner that awful honor student but a regular person off school grounds. You heard increasing footsteps from a rapid walk get closer to you when you turned around it was your friend Yuuji Itadori. You preferred to call him Yuuji though. He looked less cheerful with his hands buried deep in his pockets and his head drooping down leaving his big button eyes looking at the ground. (He just seemed fine moments ago) There was no compliance in starting a conversation from him so you took initiative and spoke first. 

"Yuuji! You look like you didn't get enough sleep last night, the audacity of some people! You're supposed to be the one getting on my nerves!".  Yuuji's head stayed low for a couple more seconds before his head sprang up and with that came a greeting smile. You began to think back to the first time you met Itadori Yuuji.

Back in elementary school--when nobody wanted to be your friend Yuuji was there. He was one of your dearest friends who you considered your brother although you were older he treated you as if you were the younger one. The other kids never really seen you and Yuuji together during school hours, you liked it this way to avoid any false rumors of dating spread. You two were polar opposites, He was very athletic and you liked more reserved things but it was the natural personality of his that led you two connected like magnets.  "Polar opposites attract" you thought snapping you out of your daze you found yourself in again .

He finally spoke "I'm visiting my usual place today I was wondering if I could call you and we would go to the boba shop you constantly patronize me about". The lightbulb in your head finally went off "Ah shit his grandpa was sick and here I am forcing him to smile".  You furthered yourself into thought "I must be a terrible friend not to consider him what if he did not want to smile" . You spoke up 

"There's actually no need, I was thinking I could tag along? To the Hospital of course I hope he remembers me."  He exchanged confused confused looks "I thought we were going to the lock-in? You actually promised me that you would socially interact at-least once a month and Im deciding on this!" He came up for a breath and continued "We can go to the boba shop another time you might want to catch up on your work instead of going to visit my old man with me." Shit, you weren't into creepy things, you hated feeling scared—Hell you even still slept with a night light. 

You nodded to change the subject or just to get off this one.

"I got the finger you requested, i'm going to give it to the club that does the paranormal things" Yuji looked like his excitement would kill him at this point when you told him you found the cursed object. Although you started thinking again: "I do not creepy shit but I did this for Yuji because I loved him." He looked at his phone and realized he would be extremely late if he didn't leave now, now it was him leaving with haste and you watched him disappear into the horizon. Your text messages went off again, your neighbor again:

Neighbor: Hey, you have a package at your door don't be rude and pick it up before you go inside people are starting to think that's an abandoned house.

You sighed again and began to send a message out in reply to them.

"Thanks for your help and looking out, I've been intertwined with school you probably wouldn't know this considering you dropped out but i'm very humble for the kind gesture! ^^"

You began to pick up your pace so you could make it home to start homework.