Chapter 11

"This is stupid." Chenle said, glaring at Kun. "And a complete waste of time."

Kun didn't seem too offended though. "You say that every time."

Every student at Neo Academy were assigned to one of the teachers there who would check in on their progress and give them advice on their studies. They were their mentors, a source for them to talk to when they needed guidance.

When Chenle first heard about the mentorship, he was very excited. All his friends had great pairings and they always talked about how much they loved their mentor meetings. Mark was with Johnny, Renjun with Winwin, Jeno with Doyoung, Jaemin with Jaehyun, Haechan with Taeil, and Jisung with Yuta.

But when he heard that his mentor was Kun, who was barely even a teacher at the academy, his hopes had dropped.

Kun did indeed do a bit of agent work with the MSS but Chenle couldn't help but doubt his abilities, considering the fact that Kun was simply a recruiter.

I mean, I guess that takes a fair bit of work, Chenle thought.

"But it's true." Chenle said, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his seat. "Why did you even call this?"

"I wanted to check on you, especially after you were assigned to help Yunhee." Kun said, opening up the folder that had Chenle's name on it.

"Nothing's changed, I just have some girl following me around all the time." Chenle told him.

"So she's adjusting well?" Kun asked.

Chenle narrowed his eyes. "Did you just call me in to talk about her?"

Kun sighed, putting his pen down before adjusting his glasses.

"No, Chenle. I called you in because I wanted to talk about your progress, but you never seem to like that so I decided to make good use of the time by asking about her. We need to find a mentor for her anyways."

Chenle sat up, leaning forward on Kun's desk instead. "Yunhee's doing alright, I'm pretty sure her performance during the excursion says enough."

"That's good to hear." Kun said, noting Chenle's words down. "I think she's a good influence for you."

"What?" Chenle exclaimed.

Kun chuckled, giving Chenle a wide grin.

"You've been doing better in your classes since you two were paired."

...

Yunhee stared at the number circled in red on the top of her page, not expecting it to be that high. It was the rubric from her Computing assignment.

Chenle clearly wasn't as well as he leaned over. "Whoa."

"I know." Yunhee said, folding it up and placing it in her bag. "What did you get?"

"Same thing." Chenle said, pressing his lips together as he waved the paper in front of her. "But what's new, everyone knows how good I am."

Here goes his ego again. Yunhee thought as she began gathering her things, following Chenle out of the computer lab.

Unfortunately, with Chaewon out, Yunhee was forced to sit with Chenle and his friends once again. Not to mention that word has spread about the little stunt that she played as well.

It seemed as that Yunhee had earned some type of respect within the students but she secretly hated it. She was used to being someone in the shadows, not someone that was in the spotlight. Which is exactly where preventing Jaemin from tailing them had put her.