Chapter 14

I'm so dead, Chenle thought as Yunhee shifted on her bed, taking in everything that he had told her.

"Chaewon went to find her, didn't she?" Yunhee asked. Chenle nodded.

"She did. The two girls were very close." Chenle said before motioning to the empty cork board over her desk. "This used to be full of pictures of Soojin with Chaewon and Mark."

Yunhee's face seem to fall as she stared at the board. Chenle couldn't help but think back to the note that was on her door.

"It must suck. Growing up alone." Chenle said, making Yunhee shift her attention to him.

"It did." Yunhee said softly. "But I guess pickpocketing was fun."

Chenle chuckled at her comment. "What was the most expensive thing you've ever stolen?"

Yunhee smiled as she heard the question, tossing him her phone. Chenle caught it in his hand with ease.

"That. Along with the money I used to unlock it."

Chenle passed the phone back to the girl, pleased to hear her story. "Did I ever tell you how I ended up here?"

Yunhee shook her head. "Enlighten me."

"I helped a gang raid a range." Chenle said, leaning back in the chair. "But jammed all the guns before handing them over."

"Wow, you're so cool." Yunhee said, rolling her eyes with a grin. Chenle moved over to the bed, giving Yunhee a light shove.

"Yah, I'm skilled too!" Chenle exclaimed as Yunhee lied on her bed, giggling.

She patted the space beside her as she turned to her side, propping her head up with her elbow. Chenle sat down beside her.

"Why did you do that, though?" Yunhee asked, her face serious once again. "Aren't you from a good family?"

Chenle bit the inside of his cheek. This was always a hard question for him to answer.

"I mean, I probably sound like a spoiled brat when I say this but... it gets lonely sometimes."

Yunhee didn't seem to judge though, nodding her head. "I can only imagine."

"Really?" Chenle said, his tone showing his surprise.

"I mean, it's a different loneliness from being an orphan, but when you think about it, having parents that are focused on making money instead of their own child is probably just as bad." Yunhee said before pausing. "Unless I'm completely wrong and your parents actually didn't spend a lot of time away at work."

Chenle immediately shook his head. "No, you're completely right. At first, I did it to get my parents' attention and it worked. But only for a bit which is why I kept causing trouble and eventually it became a lifestyle."

Yunhee began laughing and Chenle thought he said something wrong. "What?"

"It's just funny to think that the 'lifestyle' of some boy is stealing guns and messing with them." Yunhee said, making Chenle grin.

"Says the professional at pickpocketing." Chenle replied before shrugging his shoulders.

"My point still stands." Yunhee told him as she pushed herself up, hugging her knees, staring intently at Chenle.

"Well I don't know if you've noticed, but that type if lifestyle is kind of cool around here."

...

Yunhee felt a lot better after taking to Chenle but unfortunately, it had gotten late so the male left to his room.

Yunhee didn't mind though as she was already pretty exhausted. Plus, she had all her classes with him, so she had more than enough time to chat with the male.