Chapter 16

Chenle heard soft snoring noises and looked over at the girl lying on his bed.

Yunhee had followed him to his room and must have been so bored and tired that the second she lied down, she fell asleep

I mean, we did have a long day of classes. Chenle thought as he looked at the open internet box with wires sticking out and his computer screen that was full of code.

Chenle had been working for about an hour, the portable internet being a newer version than what he was used to. He did have to admit, he was struggling a bit but didn't want to bother Haechan, knowing he was probably already stressed out enough.

"I guess a little break won't hurt." Chenle muttered to himself as he stretched his arms up above his head before getting up, making his way over to where Yunhee was.

He paused as he stared at the sleeping form of the girl, not sure about what to do. Yunhee was sleeping so soundly but Chenle knew his room could get cold if you weren't under the covers like Yunhee was.

Chenle's brain immediately flashed back to the moment in the armoury where his hands were around Yunhee's body, the girl in between his arms as he guided her fingers, the two of them working to jam the gun together.

What bothered Chenle wasn't how awfully long it took for the two of them to work but how he felt as he worked with her. He could have easily done it himself in a few seconds but instead, he decided to do it together with Yunhee.

As he looked down, he realized that this was very out of character for Chenle too. With anyone else, he would have simply walked away, heading to his own room to work without even saying bye. But here he was, inviting Yunhee to his room and even letting her sleep in his bed that he wouldn't even let Jisung sit on.

"This is so stupid." Chenle mumbled to himself as he gently pulled the blanket from under Yunhee, placing the item on top of her and tucking her in.

His heart stopped for a second as Yunhee stirred, scared that he has woken her up. He felt his soul return as Yunhee hugged the covers, snuggling onto them tightly as she got comfortable in her new position.

Congratulations Zhong Chenle. You are officially the world's biggest fool, Chenle thought as he made his way back to his desk to continue working.

Every now and then though, he would glance over to make sure Yunhee was still sleeping peacefully in his bed before turning back to his work again.

...

Yunhee jolted awake to the sound of someone smashing a keyboard and yelling curses, sitting up to see Chenle focused on a computer game.

Crap, did I fall asleep?

Yunhee looked around to see that she was under Chenle's covers, in Chenle's room.

This is bad, very bad.

Chenle must have finished whatever he was doing with the internet box as it was placed on the side of his desk, all the wires and tools cleared off. The boy was focused on the screen with his airpods in, and Yunhee could hear faint shooting noises coming from the game.

Yunhee quietly slipped out of Chenle's bed but the second she moved, the male immediately noticed.

"Where are you going?" Chenle asked, eyes still glued to his game.

"Back to my room. Sorry I fell asleep." Yunhee said, making her way to the door.

"Wait." Chenle said, making her stop in her place.

"It's okay, I can just-"

"Yunhee, I said wait." Chenle said, much more sternly.

Yunhee gulped at the sight of Chenle focused on his game, eyebrows furrowed. She could tell he didn't want to be interrupted so she stood quietly at the door, waiting for the male to finish up.