Chapter 25

"We need to move and fast." Renjun said, hearing Yunhee's words. He must have saw the camera as well.

Yunhee and Chenle followed Renjun's instructions as he guided them through the warehouse. They ended up setting off many other traps but at this point, speed was more important than the trap doors that were falling.

Yunhee could tell they were going in the right direction as the room they were in seconds ago exploded behind her. The traps were getting more and more dangerous, meaning that they must be getting close.

"Wait." Chenle said, pulling her back as he stopped. Yunhee was confused until a millisecond later, arrows came flying from both walls. There would have been no way to survive that if they went through.

How did he even sense that? Yunhee thought as  Chenle stared at the walls but the trap had already been triggered. He waited a moment before nodding his head, signalling that it was safe to go through.

"We're really close." Chenle said as the two walked through the floor covered in arrows.

Yunhee felt her heart racing from the adrenaline. She felt like she was in a movie and honestly wish she was. At least in a movie, I know none of it is real.

As they moved, Yunhee spotted so many cameras and was getting worried

"It should be right in front of you now." Renjun said and sure enough, there was a grey panel on the wall.

"Crap!" Chenle exclaimed as they got closer and saw that there was a number pad on the panel. It was locked.

"You're kidding." Renjun said with a groan. "Hold up, I'm going to switch with Haechan."

Yunhee heard Chenle let out a deep sigh before rummaging through his jacket pockets.

"How hard is it to hack one of these?" Yunhee asked the male.

"It's impossible." Chenle said before fishing out a small black box with a smirk. It was clearly an electrical component but Yunhee had no idea what it was. "But possible with this."

Before Yunhee could ask more about it, she heard Haechan's voice return.

"Mark found them so all they're waiting for is this." Haechan said and Yunhee could hear him typing away. "Chenle, did you attach it yet?"

"Yup, whenever you're ready." Chenle said, the black electrical component now on top of the number pad.

The two waited in silence for Haechan to do his work, Yunhee counting the seconds while she was at it. Chenle gave her some funny faces to try to pass the time, making it difficult for her to keep her serious face.

At 278 seconds, the panel swung open, revealing more electrical components and switches inside that made Yunhee dizzy just by looking at it.

"Chenle, how much time do you need?" Haechan asked and Yunhee realized that he was connecting them back to the main line with Mark as she heard Jaemin complaining once again.

"Ten seconds." Chenle said, staring at the parts for a second before he began reaching in with the multi-tool he had brought along with him.

Less than ten seconds later, the lights of the warehouse went out.

...

No more buzzing.

That was how Chenle knew that he had done his job right and that he hadn't just flicked a light switch.

Even with his contacts on night mode, it was still pretty hard for him to see but at least he didn't have to worry about traps now.

Chenle held Yunhee's hand as the two of them made their way through the warehouse, Renjun guilding them as they moved. Mark and the others were on the other side, working on freeing Chaewon and Soojin who were apparently locked into two chairs.