Chapter 17

Yunhee was sitting in the middle seat of the van beside Chenle, the vehicle parked on the side of the street.

It was quite a suspicious vehicle, being white in colour with tinted windows. The ones inside were hidden in the back, the only noise being Haechan furiously typing on the keyboard.

Mark had explained the plan earlier that morning. Him and Jeno would infiltrate the safe house once Haechan had gotten through the security system. Jaemin and Jisung were watching their tails, making sure Mark and Jeno weren't being followed.

Haechan was busy staring at the monitors surrounding them in the back of the van, Renjun beside him, helping Haechan if needed but also focusing on the four monitors which showed what the four agents outside saw, cameras embedding in the glasses and contacts they were wearing.

Chenle was relaxing, fiddling on his phone like usual. He taught the others how to use their weapons if necessary. Yunhee felt quite useless as she sat there, watching the others do their work but Mark had told her to take it easy since it was her first mission.

"Alright, I'm in." Haechan said with a smile as he clapped his hands together, getting Yunhee and Chenle's attention.

Yunhee watched as the screens that were once black light up, showing every single corner of the safehouse.

Haechan continued typing away and Yunhee heard Mark's voice through the earpiece in her ear, the boys all wearing the same one as well.

"Are we good then?" Mark asked and Yunhee saw that he was turning to the direction of the safehouse.

"Give me a few seconds, I'm checking the surroundings now." Renjun said, carefully scanning the monitors.

"You're good on our end." Jaemin told them.

"Wait, what's that?"

Yunhee jumped at the sound of Chenle's voice, the male peering at the monitors behind her. He must had finished whatever he was doing on his phone, pointing to one of the screens.

Yunhee's eyes widened as she caught sight of the man who was tapping his earpiece as if he was caught red-handed. The man was tall, clearly older than any of them, wearing sunglasses, a cap, and a mask, hiding his identity. He was frantically trying to leave the safehouse, but the folder he had snuck didn't go unnoticed by the group of spies-in-training.

"Whoever he's working for knows that they don't have control of the system anymore." Renjun said, eyebrows furrowed.

"Well they won't be taking control anytime soon, I locked it so we're good." Haechan told them.

"What's going on?" Mark asked, reminding the group in the van that the agents out there were still in the dark.

"We're not the only ones searching the safe house." Renjun informed them just as the man made his exit.

"He has a folder and we can't let him get away with it." Chenle called out. "We need to intercept him and get it back."

"What are we supposed to do though? Jaemin and Jisung need to stay on Mark and Jeno's tail." Renjun pointed out as Yunhee kept her eyes on the male on the screen.

"I'll go." Chenle said, adjusting his bucket hat. "Can't be that hard."

Renjun shot him a look that made it clear that he did not trust Chenle one bit. "You?"

"I can go." Yunhee said softly, making the boys turn to her. "He placed the folder in his bag so you're going to need someone like me anyways."

The boys exchanged looks and Yunhee could tell that they were hesitant on sending her out onto the field.