3. Haunting Julie

After not even a minute of processing the information, the boys proceeded to haunt the girl who kicked us out. I scratched the back of my beanie knowing this was a terrible idea. "Guys, I don't think we should g— and you already going. Awesome."

Reggie took a few steps back and grabbed my hand. "Come here, Liz. Don't miss out on the fun." The slight brush creeping up on my face faded as we crossed the door together, almost tripping on the carpet. I shuddered. No matter how much time occurred, I'll never get used to the tingly feeling when things traspass over you.

"You've got to rip that band-aid off and get the pain over with," we heard from the dining table.

The Molina's were having dinner, including a visit from Julie's aunt. From what I've gathered, she comes every now and then, and when she does, boy is the house loud.

When Julie saw us, she abruptly yelled, stopping us dead in our tracks. Luke protectively put his arms in front of us. "That's me, ripping off the band-aid," she laughed off. Nice save.

"There's my brave girl." She clutched Julie's head in her hand. The breath that I was holding left my lungs.

"Hey, Julie, I really like what you guys did with the place," Luke announced. I slapped his arm. He's such a tease sometimes. I'd never dared to set foot in the house, so I proceeded to admire the cozy building.

"You shouldn't be here."

Her aunt gasped. "Oh, I'm just here to help, Mija."

That's not a good sign. We should totally go. Like if Alex read my mind, he whispered, "I think that's our cue to leave."

"I mean, you should be at pilates. Thank you for bringing us food." She hugged her aunt and threw the angriest stare at us when she wasn't looking.

"We should've called first," Reggie fumbled. I grasped Alex's jean jacket in panic as we rushed our way outside.

The only place to go was the studio. Luke's head tilted upwards, a sharp idea sparked in his mind. He grabbed his electric guitar excitedly. "Hey, we should practice now that we have the chance. Liz, can we count on you?"

Reggie and Alex moved their respective instruments too. Should I tell them that I haven't played or sang since their accident? I mean, I carry my tambourine everywhere, but I don't dare to touch it.

I bit my lip, worried that I'll mess up and that they'll be disappointed. "I-I think I'm just going to watch you guys. This song doesn't need tambourine or my vocals anyways."

"If you say so..." Reggie's hands slid over the bass neck. Alex showed a thin smile as he led the guys in beginning. The guys were practicing one of our unreleased songs.

I bopped my head faintly, feeling transported back into 1995.

The party did not last long, as Julie stormed into the studio, lifting her legs higher so her soft slippers made an ounce more pf noise. She insisted the guys stop, but they continued playing, not grasping the seriousness of the situation. When she glanced at me for help, I stood up and did a gesture of cutting my neck to the boys. Wait... would that be offensive to ghosts with neck-related deaths?

Slowly but surely they stopped the song. "The whole neighborhood could hear you. I thought I told you to leave."

Hear? Did I understand the word hear? I blinked rapidly as Luke asked, "Wait, people can hear us play?"

"Yes, and so did my dad and my brother!" Julie sees us, and now people can hear us? This is too much for me in one night.

Alex rose from his drumming seat. "W-w-wait. Wait, so only you can see us, but everyone can hear us? I mean what kind of ghosts are we?"