6. Saying Wow

When Luke poofs unexpectedly into the studio, you know there's trouble ahead, because it means that we're gonna get dragged into an adventure I'm not a hundred percent convinced my participation's required. "Okay, so I want to talk with Julie 'cause we need to help her get back into the music program. What should we do? I'm accepting ideas."

I was alone in the loft, so I'm assuming he meant to speak to me. My objective was to find my notebook between the mess; no luck yet. "You want her to stick it out to the man?" I asked while trying to open a trashbag labeled '1996'. My hand keep going through the dark material. Why is it so hard to move stuff?

"Yeah, but how? —and don't say Reggie's country songs, we're not showing her that." He bounced up and down on his tip toes, seeming in a hurry for searching answers.

"Hey, I heard that!" Reggie pouted. Although I searched the loft, he helped me by looking downstairs.

"Maybe later..." I suggested. Reggie's songs, no matter what Luke says, are amazing. "How about you show her one of ours? There's a few that could sound rad with her voice. I don't know, search your journal? I- I haven't found mine..." I drifted off.

"Alice G. Mercer, you are a genius!" He grabbed my head from the sides and kissed it. "I should food-stare the fridge to celebrate." Then he poofed out.

I grunted, almost knocking a dusty lamp with my arms. "Don't call me Alice, you know how much I hate my name!"

¸¸·¯·¸¸·¯·¸¸¸·¯·¸¸·¯·

Luke told me the next day he chose to show Julie the song 'Bright'. I would've chosen another another one— y'know, given the meaning and story behind the lyrics, but oh well.

We whooshed inside the Los Feliz High School gymnasium. The lights were dimmed, all focused on some colorful singing girls. Students were clapping, happily observing the show. Julie stood in the middle of two bleachers besides her best friend, who I now know is named Flynn.

Julie moved away from her and muttered between gritted teeth, "What are you guys doing here?"

"We wanna see you stick to the man, isn't that right boys and girl?" the sleeveless wearer nonchalantly announced.

There were five girls in matching outfits dancing on the center of the gym, variating in colors yellow, orange, blue, purple, and pink. The main girl seemed to be the one in pink, mainly because she was the one singing.

Reggie's jaw hung extremely low. "Man, I miss high school."

I scoffed and crossed my arms, preventing that I shut his mouth myself. "I don't."

Come follow me, we going make history
'Cause we are the champions like Freddy Mercury
Yeah, we gonna rock you, never gonna not to do
Always making headlines
Yeah, we the hot news

The girls launched the pink girl from the floor to the front. Everybody cheered the complex choreography. We are supposed to dispise them, right? They are, after all, Julie's competition...

See 'em look
Hear 'em 'ohh ahh'
Hands up, throw back, boo yah
We're the best, no doubt
Check it out yeah we make 'em say 'wow'

Oh snap, they are making me say wow. I chuckled when I looked my right and saw Alex mimicking the dance moves. After bumping into Luke and being scolded, he stopped.