Prologue

Grian couldn't remember how he'd gotten there, and, yet, there he was. He stood before a temple in the middle of a jungle. Despite the overgrowth around it, the structure remained untouched by any ruin or foliage.

Grian recognized the temple, but he couldn't place it. Before he could think any harder on it, he heard voices behind him. He turned around, and was met with a sight he didn't anticipate: Scar, Wels, Xisuma, and Joe were all walking toward the temple.

Xisuma was definitely saying something, but Grian couldn't make it out. Although, from the way  X was gesturing, and the looks on their faces, Grian could only assume that it was about the structure before them.

Grian watched as they approached, and, for a reason he couldn't place, dread found its way into the pit of his stomach. He wasn't sure why he was so alarmed, but he knew that he needed to keep his friends away from this place.

"Xisuma!" Grian called, but he received no answer. "Xisuma?"

He didn't even look up.

Maybe X was too focused to hear what Grian was saying. Maybe someone else would notice him.

"Hey, Wels!"

No response.

Odd, Grian thought. Perhaps he wasn't close enough. He walked forward as the other four approached.

"Scar?"

Nothing.

"Scar!"

Nothing still.

It was as though Grian wasn't even there.

The four Hermits were getting awfully close to the temple, and Grian was becoming more and more nervous by the second. He couldn't pinpoint what this place was, but he knew it was bad news.

"Guys!"

The group just kept walking.

Grian was freaking out. What was he supposed to do? How could he stop them if they couldn't hear him? How could he -

Grian was torn from his thoughts as Xisuma walked straight through him. Grian clutched his chest, expecting some sort of sensation as X passed through his body, and was caught off guard when none came.

He whirled around in shock and reached out to try to grab Xisuma, but his hand phased through his shoulder.

"Guys! Stay away from there!"

His cries were in vain, as the four continued to walk toward the structure.

"Guys! Wait!"

Grian awoke with a start. The dream still fresh in his mind, he launched himself out of bed.

Those four had gone off to do some exploring, and Grian had to get to them before they could reach that place.

He packed two shulker boxes as quickly as he could, full of rockets, food, and other essentials, equipped himself with armor, tools, and his elytra, and took off.

He couldn't let them get to that temple.

Not now that he knew what it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Alright! What's up, guys! Lix here, with a brand new story for y'all. Hope y'all enjoy it, and I'll be updating it once a week, just FYI.

Aaannnywaaaaaay, please comment down below, and maybe leave a vote? That'd be greatly appreciated.

See you guys soon!