3

Chapter 3

  Chen Man sat at the head of the bed. The moon outside rose high and slowly fell. The blood between her fingers gradually seeped out and solidified slowly. No matter what happened in the outside world and her body, Chen Man’s time was paused. She couldn’t move, hurt, cry or laugh. 

  When Jiang Xichu was killed, she didn’t expect that Chen Man would be hit like this because of her own death.

  She was so shocked that she missed a detail.

  No one would have been devastated by the death of a good friend.

  This was the loss of their favorite and their world was shattered.

  For three whole days, Jiang Xichu stayed with Chen Man. She didn’t go anywhere. She looked at the haggard Chen Man who only ate two meals in three days. She had one bottle of yogurt which was bought by Jiang Xichu for Chen Man. It was a snack for her to drink as a nutritional supplement. Now the yogurt was expired, although it hasn’t deteriorated, but it shouldn’t be consumed. Chen Man didn’t even look at it and drank it.

  The other meal was frozen stuffed glutinous rice which Jiang Xichu bought for her. Chen Man was extremely lazy. She was used to being the big boss lady and didn’t take care of herself at all. Jiang Xichu was her chief secretary and would be her nanny behind her back. She would look for aunties who would come clean her house regularly. She dragged Chen Man to the supermarket and bought all the food in the kitchen as well. The stuffed glutinous rice has a longer shelf life than yogurt, but Chen Man directly placed the stuffed glutinous rice with the plastic bag into the microwave.

  When Jiang Xichu first saw this scene, she almost became alive with anger.

  Chen Man watched the microwave turn and turn. When she heard the “Ding” sound, she took out the plate, but found that the plastic outside the stuffed glutinous rice was deformed and melted. She looked at it and directly removed the plastic covering. As if nothing had happened, she continued to peel off the leaf from the stuffed glutinous rice.

  Jiang Xichi scolded her angrily: “Do you have a sea in your head? Don’t you know that food is poisonous?! Don’t eat it, you’ll be in the hospital if you eat it again!” 

  Chen Man couldn’t hear her. She peeled off the leaf from the stuffed glutinous rice and took a bite numbly. After biting down on it, she found that although it was hot on the outside, the stuffing was still cold, the more she bit, the colder it was. The red date in the middle was as hard as ice.

  Now Jiang Xichu understood why she didn’t see her for half a month, Chen Man has tossed herself and looked like a ghost.

  She didn’t plan to live well at all.

  If Chen Man had lived like this since she passed away, she would die in no more than a week.

  At first, Jiang Xichu looked at her with a gloomy face. After staring at her for a long time, she finally bit her lower lip and decided to go back to the underworld to get backup. 

  She couldn’t save Chen Man, but the old man and the little brother in white would be able to. She couldn’t watch Chen Man torment herself so much. 

  After making up her mind, Jiang Xichu was ready to leave immediately. Chen Man was eating her meal and was biting into the stuffed glutinous rice. From her outsider’s perception, she could only feel a gust of wind blowing past, but just now, her heart felt inexplicably hurt.

  She sat in the office with her that day. It was clear that nothing happened, but her heart suddenly hurt. Within two minutes, secretary Yang ran into the office who turned pale from fright and told her that something had happened downstairs.