8

Chapter 8

  It was impossible to analyze naturally. Secretary Jiang’s heart was like the needle at the bottom of the sea that couldn’t be analyzed, secretary Jiang’s thoughts couldn’t be predicted even if they called the whole company together.

  In the evening, Jiang Xichu and Chen Man returned home together. Jiang Xichu entered the kitchen non-stop. Yesterday she bought food that could be eaten for the next three days. The dishes she ate weren’t heavy. The dishes were two vegetables, one meat and one hot soup, plus fruit after dinner, it was homely and nutritious.

  Tonight’s menu was stir-fried leek with bean sprouts, stir-fried shredded pork with garlic, small fried meatballs and a bowl of soup with white gourd ribs.

  While marinating the shredded pork and the filling, she was busy cutting the vegetables and chopping ginger. Jiang Xichu was very fast. In less than three minutes, all the dishes were prepared. Then, she turned on the gas stove and began to cook.

  Just as the food with water droplets was poured into the hot pot, a crash sounded immediately. Chen Man quietly went behind her, took some cloves of garlic she had taken out in advance and carefully peeled the garlic for her.

  Jiang Xichu glanced at her for a while but didn’t say anything. She continued to stir the things in her hand.

  Jiang Xichu skills couldn’t be compared to a chef, but it was very delicious and had reached the highest level of home cooking.

  The two vegetarian dishes soon came out of the pot. She opened a drawer and found a bag of disposable gloves, Jiang Xichu wore the gloves and began to pinch the meatballs.

  When Chen Man saw, her eyes lit up, “Here I come.”

  She saw her look and knew that she thought it was fun to pinch the balls with the tiger’s den1 Tiger’s den – the web between the thumb and forefinger of the hand . Jiang Xichu picked up her eyebrow, handed the gloves over and turned to one side, she filled the casserole with water and prepared to stew the pork ribs.

  It took an hour for Chen Man to prepare and serve the meal. During this time Chen Man loaded the dishes and chopsticks and did all the work. When she finished, she was also responsible for putting the dishes in the dishwasher.

  The three dishes and one soup were all served on the table. Chen Man happily sat down and picked up the chopsticks and wanted to taste them. Jiang Xichu slapped her wrist, “Did you wash your hands?”

  Chen Man smiled and stood up immediately. “Forgot to, I will go now.”

  At six o’clock in the evening, the sky outside was still bright, the windows were opened, and the warm wind passed through the hall. It blew on the two people’s skin, both of them pursed their mouths and smiled together, obviously enjoying such a peaceful life.

  When they ate, they didn’t talk much, that is, they had their heads buried in their meals and waited until they had finished eating. When they were almost finished, Chen Man took a sip of soup, then her eyelids glanced up to look at Jiang Xichu.

  Jiang Xichu didn’t lift her eyes and slowly said: “You have been looking at me all day like this, say, what do you want to do?”

  Being caught, Chen Man didn’t feel embarrassed. She put the soup bowl down and looked at her curiously. “Did something good happened recently?”

  Jiang Xichu looked at her inexplicably. “No.”

  Chen Man’s expression was more puzzled. “Then, why do you suddenly treat me so well, don’t scold me.”